Re: Child aged Sim is "romantic interest" of his Father and vice-versa

by Sabreene

Original Post

★★ Novice

Same sort of set-up for me. Same circumstances. I think she was flirting with her boyfriend, but the parents were in the same room talking with them, and that is when it happened. Only one of my twins now has this problem with her mother and father being her romantic interest. The problem is also that the one twin now has her sister as a "soulmate".  Very disturbing. I don't want to play with this family anymore. How awful!

Message 41 of 69 (3,828 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is quite a creepy game breaker for me... I'm playing rotational, and it is happening when they relate to each other and I'm not playing them... I can see them making romantic interactions, and their proper spouses getting sad and jealous when it happens. Has been happening since the party stuff pack it seems.

Message 42 of 69 (3,817 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just had a similar problem today.

A brother and sister (both young adults) were in a group chat with a bunch of other young adults. The brother made a flirty joke while in the group conversation. It was a joke I didn't ask him to make, so I'm not sure who the joke was aimed at. Every person in the conversation got a love point from him! Now they're having sadness and jealousy all over the place, since it was basically a triple date. Everyone is getting sad and jealous, but what is the most disturbing is now the brother and sister are romantic interests!

They still are brother and sister and there aren't any flirt options if I click on them singularly. However! If I click on their portrait in the list of friends/relationships/etc, it lets me ask them on a date!! Totally eww'd out by that. I'm going to try the cheat listed earlier and see if I can fix their relationship back to normal.

Message 43 of 69 (3,779 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just found the easiest way to fix this, with a different cheat.

If you have MC Command Center installed, then you can just use the "forget sim" interaction on the MC Command list. It lets you choose what type of "forgetfulness" too: Romance, Friendship, Family.

The other cheat works too, but this makes it sooo much easier!

You can get the mod here: http://modthesims.info/d/551680

Message 44 of 69 (3,773 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Sabreene wrote:

I just found the easiest way to fix this, with a different cheat.

If you have MC Command Center installed, then you can just use the "forget sim" interaction on the MC Command list. It lets you choose what type of "forgetfulness" too: Romance, Friendship, Family.

The other cheat works too, but this makes it sooo much easier!

You can get the mod here: http://modthesims.info/d/551680

=^-^=   

Message 45 of 69 (3,765 Views)

Hero

@Sabreene wrote:

I just had a similar problem today.

A brother and sister (both young adults) were in a group chat with a bunch of other young adults. The brother made a flirty joke while in the group conversation. It was a joke I didn't ask him to make, so I'm not sure who the joke was aimed at. Every person in the conversation got a love point from him! Now they're having sadness and jealousy all over the place, since it was basically a triple date. Everyone is getting sad and jealous, but what is the most disturbing is now the brother and sister are romantic interests!

They still are brother and sister and there aren't any flirt options if I click on them singularly. However! If I click on their portrait in the list of friends/relationships/etc, it lets me ask them on a date!! Totally eww'd out by that. I'm going to try the cheat listed earlier and see if I can fix their relationship back to normal.

That is an older issue. Not sure if it has a thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 69 (3,752 Views)

★★ Novice
So my child age sim has a romantic interest in his mom & vice versa. This probably happened because the kid who should've been doing something else joined the flirty conversation between his mom & dad. I read it would disappear when the kid aged up but he's a teen & it's still there. Now he has a girlfriend & the mom burst into the room when they were messing around & now she has that sad moodlet as well as red in the romance bar. I've tried fixing the relationship level to neutral using the cheats. This has happened to my other sims. One twin has romantic interest in his twin & they are only acquaintances even though the friendship bar is full. I get its a glitch so it doesn't bug me too much but it is a bit weird to see one sim act flirty too a family member even though it's not a romance action.
Message 47 of 69 (3,575 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If you move them into separate households, you can fix it with the MC Command Center mod.

As long as they are in separate households, you can click on their picture in the relationship panel and do "forget active sim" "romance only". They have to be in separate households for it to work, but you can immediately move them back in together after it's fixed!

When I had it happen within the family, I moved one parent out and then the next parent, so that there was always an adult at home with the kids. I switched their households using the manage household tab.

Would be nice if it didn't happen, but I love being able to use that mod to fix it!

Message 48 of 69 (3,566 Views)

★★ Novice
I did the relationship.destroy cheat which let me set wipe it out so I could set their relationship back up properly. I haven't looked into game mods since I'm on a Mac. I'll just try to be more conscious of having my sims flirt around the kids. lol
Message 49 of 69 (3,560 Views)

EA Staff

@dcgirl98 @Sabreene Do you by any chance still have any of the saves where this issue occurred? If you do could you please send those saves to AHQFeedback@ea.com or upload them and share the link with us?

Thank you very much for your help!

Message 50 of 69 (3,511 Views)