Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cheats that require clicking on Sims don't work

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get Together, Get Famous, Holiday Celebration, Digital Deluxe
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Open the cheat panel 2. Enter any cheat 3. Press enter
What happens when the bug occurs? The cheat panel disappears but the screen's still dark. You can't click anything.
What do you expect to see? I expect the darkness to go away and to have the ability to click again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This happens when I have my mods loaded up, scripts and everything. 

Message 1 of 70 (2,552 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cheat box blocks my game

Hero

Fixed an issue where when using the console cheat window the screen would go black.

Fixed in Patch 1.55.105

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 70 of 70 (2,442 Views)

All Replies

Re: Screen freezes after entering cheats

Hero

Hi @iiOmq_ItzJess 

moving this to tech as it appears to be a mod issue.

Are you using any UI mods ? Like cheat extension ? That one needs updating maybe others do to.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 70 (2,505 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't use any UI mods. 

Message 3 of 70 (2,492 Views)

Game Freezes When Open Cheat Window

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hit Ctrl-Shift-C to open the cheat window
What happens when the bug occurs? Screen becomes translucent grey, game freezes, I have to exit game
What do you expect to see? Screen retains normal color, game continues
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Aug 8 patch

no screen shot available

Message 4 of 70 (2,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@iiOmq_ItzJess CC or another rmod can also be at fault. You put that you're using that.

Could you try moving your mods folder to the desktop and deleting the localthumbcache file.

@QueenOfMyshuno Merged your thread. Please try without mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 70 (2,463 Views)

★★ Novice

All fixed, thank you.

I did have to delete some big mods (like mods from Sacrificial and KawaiiStacie), but I didn't use them again.

Yet again, thank you. 

Message 6 of 70 (2,449 Views)

Command Console Bug

★★★ Novice

Whenever I try to use the command console it freezes up and says "Unable to execute command." I can turn off the command console but can't interact with the game at all and I'll have a blackish/grey overlay on everything.  I tried disabling my mods already and ran it without mods and the problem still persists. 

The only way I can exit the game is via Task Manager. 

Anyone that knows how to fix this or has a similar problem let me know!

Message 7 of 70 (2,377 Views)

Cannot close out of cheats menu

★★★ Novice

This is a new bug I have not had before. When I go to close the cheat menu, ctrl+alt+c, the cheat bar goes away but the screen stays in the cheat menu mode. Meaning I cannot click on anything. And no buttons are registering. I tried pressing Esc with the cursor still in the cheat bar when I re-launched the game, same thing. I tried typing in exit in the cheat bar when I re-laucned the game, and again nothing.

Again I cannot do anything, the cheat bar goes away and im stuck. I have to ctrl+alt+delete to exit the game.

Any suggestions? 

I just had an update this morning, and this just started happening. 

Message 8 of 70 (2,373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Do you remember which mods you deleted?  I have the same issue @iiOmq_ItzJess 

Message 9 of 70 (2,423 Views)

Re: Command Console Bug

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@TheSuperTest78 

Press ctrl-shift-c again to close the cheat console. You can also press escape.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 70 (2,362 Views)