[FIXED] 'Change into Nude' Available for Teens (but greyed out)

by jamofjars

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] 'Change into Nude' Available for Teens (but greyed out)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, as of 13th May '18
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household with a teen in it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "Change into Nude" is greyed out for anyone on the same lot as the teen, including the teen themselves. The option is always available but greyed out for the teens, no matter what.
What do you expect to see? The option should be selectable, assuming there are no children around (which there aren't in my tests) for the adults when the teens aren't around. The option shouldn't even be there for teens.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The issue only seems to appear with a teen around. During my tests, I had a teen and a YA sim on the lot, completely vanilla. There were definitely no children around (I double-checked).

The option was always greyed out for the teen, no matter what the set up was. The teen seems to count as the child that disallows the change of outfit, which is weird.

The option came up for the YA when the teen was off lot, or he was off lot. But when he was on the same lot as the teen, the option was greyed out again.

EDIT:

The teens should qualify as "children" when restricting and greying out the option for adults nearby.

The option shouldn't even be there for teens, since they are "children" and shouldn't be able to change into nude.

Message 1 of 10 (5,717 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] 'Change into Nude' Greyed Out for Teens

★★★ Apprentice

It looks to me like this has been solved. I'm not seeing the option appear on my teens.

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (5,484 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
I'm fairly certain that Teens kinda count as children when it comes to the whole nudity situation. I've tried the same thing but if there's anyone younger than a Young Adult on the property, nudity is not an option.
Message 2 of 10 (5,667 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, it was annoying since my teen was bathing in her clothes and I thought I was gonna have to reset their bathing outfit (I didn't in the end). Then finding that I couldn't get her nude to do so was irritating

Just to clarify, I have tested this vanilla.

Message 3 of 10 (5,650 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @jamofjars

It's by design that the option is not allowed for adults while a teen is nearby.  Regarding the option being visible for teens, that is a bug.  Teens should not have the option at all.  We'll look into it.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 10 (5,621 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That makes better sense then. Thanks for the clarification

Message 5 of 10 (5,578 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (5,466 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It looks to me like this has been solved. I'm not seeing the option appear on my teens.

Message 7 of 10 (5,485 Views)

Hero
Thanks.

I'll mark this as fixed for now. Feel free to come back if it's not

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (5,355 Views)

★★ Novice

so i have a teen, i have the option to sunbathe in nude, when i click on it , she'll start to move towards it, then it cancels, then option is grayed out, this a 1 teen only household, no kids or adults

Message 9 of 10 (3,799 Views)

Hero
@ashaXputin Please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (3,782 Views)