[FIXED] Cell phone gives off-grid-related moodlets for on-grid

by YazPlatt

Original Post

Re: Off-the-grid related moodlets applied to on-the-grid lots

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebrations Pack

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a call on the cellphone on any new game. 

What happens when the bug occurs? I get an off-the-grid moodlet when using the cellphone when on the grid.

What do you expect to see? A working phone. 

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No
Please describe the patch or change you made. Fresh install. 

Message 81 of 89 (1,670 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Cell phone gives off-grid-related moodlets for on-grid

★ Guide

Yeah this is an issue The Sims Team has noticed and have been working to fix it, not sure when the patch for this fix will be coming, but hopefully we get an update either this week or next week, although this issue may be annoying at times when you are on the grid, the happy buff it gives is kinda nice when you need a boost for your Sims mood, still I hope they fix it to the point it actually works with the off the grid trait and not happen randomly when on the grid, it can get irritating after a while.

Message 82 of 89 (1,644 Views)

Re: "Bad Reception" moodlet while not off-the-grid

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Can you link where the merge is please?
Message 83 of 89 (1,571 Views)

Hero
@MzMelonz I don't understand your question, sorry.

When I merge something, the new posts appear in the current bug report on the issue. The merged post becomes part of the existing thread. So THIS thread is the one others get merged into and they appear here.

If you have troubles locating your posts, click on the arrow next to your user name and click on profile.That will list your posts.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 89 (1,544 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I hope this gets fixed soon, my darling sim is famous with he phone quirk and shes almost always angry after chatting with ppl ( I suppose I can just make her do other things on the phone that chat)XD

Message 85 of 89 (1,409 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah so do I, it gets really annoying trying to ask other sims to hang out when my call is always dropping!

Message 86 of 89 (1,275 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Cell phone gives off-grid-related moodlets for on-grid

★★★ Guide
ME Too: My sims are getting this too and they are not off the grid
Message 87 of 89 (1,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is this still being worked on? I am still getting this message, even with the "fast internet" lot trait picked. I really don't think we should have to use up a lot trait just because the phone system is broken, and this really makes me think if it is even worth spending even MORE money on the Sims 4 (with the new expansion coming out in November) if they can't even fix this simple matter. 

Message 88 of 89 (1,180 Views)

Hero

Calls Dropping? Is your Cell Phone behaving like a certain network is just not up to snuff? We have upgraded all Sims to Simgular - Llama’s Choice Network that does not allow Off-the-Grid shenanigans when your Sims are not Off-the-Grid

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 89 of 89 (5,821 Views)