[FIXED] Cell phone gives off-grid-related moodlets for on-grid

by YazPlatt

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Cell phone gives off-grid-related moodlets for on-grid

★★★ Guide

Im an Xbox player and this happens to me too. Happened to me before the recent update and the one before that too (since I've had this game for about a month).

Message 71 of 89 (1,224 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm playing on the XBOX and I'm still getting this bug well into August, after we've had maybe two game patches already? Really frustrating since they added better conversations to be had through phone calls, and I can't even experience them because no one calls my sims and I can't have them call anyone else.

Message 72 of 89 (1,147 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@YazPlatt This is also happening to me on Xbox one in the pinecrest apts 402
Message 73 of 89 (1,119 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My sim keeps getting a red moodlet because it says that my sim is attempting to call from an "off the grid" lot. None of the lot traits are off the grid so I don't know why this is happening.

Message 74 of 89 (1,067 Views)

★ Guide

Same, except my problem started the day after the PS4 v1.31 update on Sept 3rd 2020. I know this did not happen on Sept 2nd as I had called to ask for a date & the date happened. I was unhappy with the outcome & the next day I could not go on the date with the same 2 sims because my phone would not connect the call. I tried on my home lot, a nearby cafe lot & in a park. All had the same result.

Message 75 of 89 (1,050 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This has started happening to me too. I haven't played much recently, but went back on today to play, and now every time my sim calls someone she gets the "Bad Reception from using a phone off the grid" angry moodlet, even though her lot isn't off the grid and there's no N.A.P. in place that would force that either. 

Message 76 of 89 (1,026 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here. Mods, no mods. Home, not home. I'll either get the happy "Call dropped" or angry "bad reception" despite not using Off the Grid on any lot.

Most recent file had my sim call a friend at the default City Living arts center (which only has the default lot traits) and got the Bad Reception trait, and commercial buildings can't get Off the Grid.

Message 77 of 89 (1,014 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same thing here, having the same issue on PC with Mods/No Mods/New Game no matter what!

Message 78 of 89 (969 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also getting this, just as a boost to the issue. No mods, CC, and I have all the content except Star Wars. It's kinda annoying when you have a sim call the sadness hotline and they get a negative off the grid moodlet.

Message 79 of 89 (940 Views)

Off-the-grid related moodlets applied to on-the-grid lots

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.31
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebrations Pack A Free Birthday Surprise (Birthday Hot Tub) Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar Pack (no longer showing up in the packs list)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you play The Sims 4, PC or other. Other gamers have noticed the same issue across various platforms. Technical bug, needs to be addressed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Provides an off-the-grid moodlet for related gameplay elements even though the lots don’t have the off-the-grid lot trait. This has also caused the electronic waste bin to not provide Simoleons as it should and, when calling up Sims, provides the moodlet “Bad Reception”, amongst other moodlets due to this bug. Other bugs include the hired nanny becoming invisible and not even being shown on the lot however gameplay interactions seem to be fine with this.
What do you expect to see? A game that doesn’t have bugs that cause gameplay issues.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Version 1.31 to base game, The Sims 4, PlayStation 4 Pro PAL System

No additional issues. Please could you provide more free packs. You only have 2 packs (Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar Pack, Holiday Celebrations Pack).

Message 80 of 89 (933 Views)