Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cell phone gives off-grid-related moodlets for on-grid

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All (I have also pre-ordered Eco Lifestyle)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new save without cc/mods and use the "chat" interaction on the cellphone on a lot without the off-the-grid trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim gets either the happy buff about the line cracking up, related to off-the-grid, or an angry one for the same reason.
What do you expect to see? No buff since the lot is not assigned the trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I recently installed the sims 4 on a new laptop since my old one broke. In doing so, I started playing without a bunch of cc and mods since I have been mostly building. I only have MCCC, UI extension cheats and the OMSP shelf installed usually, but I removed them before the patch (and deleted my localthumbcache) and started a new save. The lot was a pre-made one called Inner Circle in Del Sol Valley, so I hadn't modified it in any way, I didn't use any cheats to acquire it since it was not necessary. The sim was created from scratch using create-a-story when I pressed to start a new save. Every time my sim uses the phone she gets one of the two buffs, either angry or happy about the line cracking up due to the off-the-grid trait. I know EA just did an overhaul of the way off-the-grid works in the game so I expect issues with new interactions such as collecting water, etc. But I don't recall having this issue with the phones before. As I say, I usually build so I may have missed this happening before but I am pretty sure it is as a result of the patch. It's nothing crazy but it's irritating because it makes her angry most of the time.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 89 (20,837 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Cell phone gives off-grid-related moodlets for on-grid

Hero

Calls Dropping? Is your Cell Phone behaving like a certain network is just not up to snuff? We have upgraded all Sims to Simgular - Llama’s Choice Network that does not allow Off-the-Grid shenanigans when your Sims are not Off-the-Grid

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 89 of 89 (5,820 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Cell phone gives off-grid-related moodlets for on-grid

★★★★ Expert

I tested in a new folder and new sim, not through story mode but with randomized traits: Athletic Aspiration; Evil, Erratic, Glutton. Moved them into The Inner Circle lot without changing it. The default is no lot traits. Clicking on the friends panel choosing Chat on Mortimer Goth, which gave my sim moodlets with tooltip from Off The Grid Lot Trait:

off the grid phone moodlet.pngphone off the grid 2.png

Gave the lot the Off the grid lot trait in build mode and the same thing happened. Switched to Bailey-Moon household where the default lot trait is Celebrity Home, and chose  Octavia to chat on the phone,who got the same moodlet.
I changed the first residential to Tiny Residential, micro home; and the sim got the same moodlets there. I made the sim travel to the empty residential  next to their home and Chat; they got the moodlets there. Changed that residential to Generic lot and made them chat; they got the moodlets. Sent them to the gym and chatted; they got the moodlets.

Message 2 of 89 (20,636 Views)

★★★ Expert

Same thing in my game. I get various off-the-grid moodlets 100% of the time when using a phone on a residential lot in Willow Creek. This lot does not have the Off-the-Grid trait. Also testing on a different residential lot in Willow Creek with the same result. I am almost certain this started with the June 3rd game patch. I'm on PC and not using mods (never modded).

off the grid phone.JPG

Message 3 of 89 (20,570 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I'm seeing the same thing. My sims do live on a lot that was once off the grid, but it was a long time ago and she just used her phone and got this message:

This happened after the June 3/2020 game update (PC: 1.63.133.1020), no mods/cc in my game.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 4 of 89 (20,550 Views)

Buff Bug When Using Phone in On Grid Home

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, CL, GT, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Bowling, Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim call another sim on the phone while inside an on grid home, staying on the call until they're done talking.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the phone call ends, the sim has either a +1 to happy or a +1 to angry moodlet for "dropping call" in an on grid home.
What do you expect to see? None or appropriate moodlets after calls from an on grid home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.63.133.1020

My sim is Althletic, Perfectionist and Loves the Outdoors and lives in San Myshuno, 18 Culpepper

She got a + to Happy for a dropping call when she lives in an on grid apartment. She was energized when the buff was applied.

A different time, she got a +1 to Angry buff after using the phone. At that time her base mood was fine but was boosted to Happy because of the flooring and wallpaper.

I removed the buffs from walls and flooring in Game Options, it didn't make any difference.

The only trait on the lot, I forget its name, it's a creative plaque, the lot trait that can't be removed.

Removed mods, updated game, deleted cache. Brand new game with brand new sim. Image attached, sorry don't have one for the angry moodlet.

Message 5 of 89 (20,509 Views)

Re: Buff Bug When Using Phone in On Grid Home

Hero
@sushicrow Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 89 (20,492 Views)

Re: Buff Bug When Using Phone in On Grid Home

★ Guide

I also have this issue.

I am currently on vacation with my household in Selvadorada. The lot does not have the "Off-The-Grid" lot trait.

Message 7 of 89 (20,459 Views)

Off the Grid emotion buffs

★★★ Novice

Since the June update, my sim has been getting Off-the-Grid emotion buffs, but my lot isn’t an off-the-grid lot. Specifically, I’m getting an angry “Bad Reception” buff from “using a phone off the grid” and a happy “oh no your call is dropping” buff. So far it appears all “on the grid” items are working properly. It’s just the mood buffs that are wrong. 

Message 8 of 89 (20,450 Views)

Re: Off the Grid emotion buffs

Hero
@LaPetiteFromage1 Merged your post with bug report on this.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 89 (20,430 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue here. Playing on PS4, so no mods or anything. At home on the lot that originally was the Landgrabs, got happy moodlet for off-the-grid. I did initially start this save with off-the-grid lot trait to try it out, but removed it a long time (like, 6 or 7 sim generations) ago. Currently the lot has Homey, Natural Light, and Private Dwelling for its traits and I don’t think I have any lots set to off-grid in this whole save. 

Message 10 of 89 (20,387 Views)