Re: [OPEN] Cell phone gives off-grid-related moodlets for on-grid

by midnacine

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Cell phone gives off-grid-related moodlets for on-grid

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 41 of 89 (1,496 Views)

★★ Novice
@YazPlatt Same exact issue! Clean install, no mods, and a new game. Happens 2 out of 3 calls made.
Message 42 of 89 (1,405 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The same thing happened to me. Hope this gets fixed with the next patch, because it's annoying that my sim gets angry because of a bad connection due to being off the grid, which he is not. So much has broken since the last patch Frown

Message 43 of 89 (1,383 Views)

★★★ Guide

Saw this off an and on when calling the same sim and didn't read the tooltip properly, so figured the other sim was the one off-the-grid, but then I went to visit and watched TV with them late at night with the lights on, and thought "wait a minute, you can't do that off-the-grid".

So yeah, I definitely have this too. I normally have my sims call their friends regularly to keep their relationship up, so it's the same people that talk to all the time, and every time the off-the-grid moodlet shows up.

Message 44 of 89 (1,347 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I had the same issue occur with my Super Sim game in the Inner Circle lot as well! +1 angry moodlet from bad reception

Message 45 of 89 (1,239 Views)

★★ Guide

This happened to me once recently. The rest of the time it has been fine. I think it happened on a lot with Convivial and Ley Line (not dark) traits.

Message 46 of 89 (1,192 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've also been experiencing this a lot recently, my sims used to live on an off-the-grid lot but I removed it and they have since moved off that lot and still receive the happy/angry buff after making calls.

Message 47 of 89 (1,109 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yeah, this needs to be fixed. To anyone out there, a MOMENTARY "fix" is to have your sim be in a room with an inspiring decor while they make the call, if needed. The inspired moodlet will have them spin it as being good that the phone won't stress them out. But BLECH.
Message 48 of 89 (1,077 Views)

★★★ Guide

I was hoping the 7/8 patch might address this, but no, it's still broken. I'm getting the moodlets for bad cellphone connection due to "being off the grid" when the lot isn't off the grid.

Message 49 of 89 (966 Views)

★ Guide
@chefzomagic This is no fix, or even a "fix". This is just not getting the angry moodlet. Call still won't go through.
Message 50 of 89 (917 Views)