Re: [OPEN] Cell phone gives off-grid-related moodlets for on-grid

by xLilacSims

Original Post

Re: Off the Grid emotion buffs

★★★ Apprentice

I've been getting the same moodlets too! And none of my lots are Off the Grid (aside from the pre-made ones that came with the Island Living pack)

Message 11 of 89 (3,280 Views)

Re: Off the Grid emotion buffs

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here on PS4. No off the grid lot trait getting Bad reception moodlet.

Message 12 of 89 (3,250 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening in my game too. 

Message 13 of 89 (3,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing happening in my game since the June update

I didn't realize it was specifically after the patch because I had just started a new lot with pre-existing Sims who moved in to work on the Parenthood expansion stuff (since I just got it). I had built them a house in another save and plunked it down into my main game on a lot in Windenburg right after the patch; it took me some hours to notice the off-the-grid phone moodlets after calls, since the parent sims have the "don't need social interactions" perks. I thought maybe there was a stuck/invisible lot trait from whatever was on that lot before I plunked down the new house, but after reading people's reports here I'm realizing it's game-wide. To double-check, I just now loaded my oldest played house in my main game (a lot that has never been off-the-grid) and tried a phone call with someone in the house. They indeed got an off-the-grid phone moodlet when the call finished.

Message 14 of 89 (3,161 Views)

Sim gets Angry/Happy moodlets after finishing calling on non Off-Grid-Lots

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.234.1020 (June 3 2020)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: All of them except Eco Lifestyle. GP: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure and StrangerVille. SP: Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler and Laundry Day-Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go either to a Lot, House or Apartment without the Off-Grid-Trait and use the cell phone or the Relationships list and click on a Sim that you already know and want to call. (It doesn't matter which Sim)
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim will become either angry or happy after the phone call finished and get a 1+ Angry Mood (Schlechter Empfang) or 1+ Happy Mood (Oh nein, die Verbindung wird Unterbrochen!) even though the Lot don't have the Off-Grid-trait.
What do you expect to see? No Angry or Happy moodlets on non Off-Grid-Lots after my Sims finished calling on cell phone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the newest Update was released. (June 3 2020)

Every time when my Sims use the cell phone on a non Off-Grid-Lot. They get 1+ Angry or Happy moodlet after finishing calling. I've tested on both savegames with and without Mods/CCs. When they write a SMS, inviting at home, call for Service, planning a party or travelling on a different Lot it doesn't trigger any moodlets.

I've also removed Mods and CCs before the Update and i usually don't use any Script-Mods.

Message 15 of 89 (3,139 Views)

Re: Sim gets Angry/Happy moodlets after finishing calling on non Off-Grid-Lots

Hero
@FireLotus97 Merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 89 (3,108 Views)

Lot traits not reflecting changes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a house with the lot trait off the grid, play for a bit and then remove/change that lot trait. Make a phone call - moodlet may pop up that the sim is tense/angry/happy/inspired about using that phone off the grid.
What happens when the bug occurs? Moodlets will pop up for lot traits that are no longer active.
What do you expect to see? Moodlets should reflect active traits, not traits the lot had previously.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Eco Living / June 2020 patch

I changed my lot from "Off the grid" to something else and I still get pop up moodlets for using things off the grid. 

(Post edited to remove the addition of changing Sim traits as that is already a reported bug.)

Message 17 of 89 (3,164 Views)

Re: Traits not reflecting changes

★ Guide

@Nellspixia 

As I know, this issue is left unfixed for a long time, before the Eco Lifestyle and June'20 patch.

If you change your Sim's trait using cas.fulleditmode , the old traits are still working in that particular Sim.

This happen to your Sim and also Sims downloaded from gallery.

For example, if Sim A has Non-Committal trait and you replace it with something else, Sim A will still have Non-Committal moodlet after that.

Message 18 of 89 (3,107 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Hamsysincy I hadn't run in to it before now - it affected the lot traits like that as well?
Message 19 of 89 (3,087 Views)

★ Guide

@Nellspixia not sure if that affects lot traits because I dont change lot traits

Message 20 of 89 (3,080 Views)