Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Ceilings darkened after 11-13-18 update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, several game and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? raise all walls and zoom close to the floor so you can see the ceilings in your structure. You will see the ceilings are very dark, and they do not reflect the light correctly
What happens when the bug occurs? ceilings are very dark
What do you expect to see? ceilings that look more white and reflect light
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The 11-13-18 update was installed

After the update on 11-13-18, all the ceilings are darkened and light is not reflecting off of the ceilings correctly.  This undesirable change makes the rooms look smaller and most dreary.  Before the 11-13-18 update, the ceilings were more white in color and appeared to have reflected room lights. I loaded the game with no mods and all settings at their defaults, the problem was still present.  The screenshots speak a thousand words.

Message 1 of 28 (5,083 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ceilings darkened after 11-13-18 update

Hero

• Ceilings should no longer look darkened, but instead lighting should be more prevalent in comparison to the location of lights in a room.

Fixed in Patch 1.48.90

Let me know if you're still having issues with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 25 of 28 (4,570 Views)

All Replies

Re: ceilings darkened after 11-13-18 update

Hero (Retired)

I see this issue in my game as well and agree that it's an undesirable change.  Will add it to our list of glitches.  Thanks for reporting!

Message 2 of 28 (4,996 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Ceilings darkened after 11-13-18 update

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Only in rooms where you have not removed the floor Wink

Message 3 of 28 (4,923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

the split level screenshot I posted above (the Brady Bunch living room screenshot 345) above has the floor removed..that's how I achieved the sunken living room.  You can see that the ceiling above that room is darkened also.....but I have not tried removing the tiles that cover the ground in that room however (game actually thinks that room is outside, as leaves can be piled in the room after raking..strangely though, the thermostat keeps that room comfy regardless). Tested it...did not have an effect on the ceiling when I removed the tiles from the ground. Here's the lot if anyone wants to test it 

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sor...

Message 4 of 28 (4,803 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here!

Message 5 of 28 (4,758 Views)

Re: ceilings darkened after 11-13-18 update

★★★★ Novice

Also experiencing this bug Frown

Message 6 of 28 (4,561 Views)

Ceiling turns black for all floors even when lights are installed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at the ceiling in both live mode and build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? The ceiling becomes too dark and does not fit the lighting in the inside
What do you expect to see? It should be light up just like the rest of the room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The ceiling looks so dark and unmatched for the lighting in the interior after I have installed the latest update with the terrain tool, it bothers me to take a photo of the interior. What could be a reason for this?

Message 7 of 28 (4,555 Views)

Re: Ceiling turns black for all floors even when lights are installed

Hero

HI @justinmwt

I moved your post over to existing thread.

Feel free to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 28 (4,538 Views)

★ Apprentice

They are totally darker than before in my game too. 

Message 9 of 28 (4,487 Views)

I just downloaded the update to the game - still the ceilings are gray!
I am sorry that this error has not been repaired. Frown

-----------------------------------------------------------

Nie pracuję ani nie mam żadnych powiązań z EA. Jestem wolontariuszem i staram się pomagać graczom w naprawie ich gry zgodnie z moją najlepszą wiedzą i nie ponoszę odpowiedzialności za szkody wyrządzone twojemu komputerowi/grze.

Jeżeli moje wskazówki okazały się pomocne, nie zapomnij przyznać XP! Kliknij "Zaakceptuj rozwiązanie" jeżeli post pomógł Ci uporać się z problemem.
Dziękuję!
Message 10 of 28 (4,218 Views)