[FIXED] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

by DojanZ

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

★★★ Newbie

Having this issue as well. When can we expect a bug fix? 

Message 41 of 75 (1,516 Views)

Champion (Retired)

When it has been done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 42 of 75 (1,507 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This also happened to me, my adopted stray cat had a preventative shot and remained permanently scared. It also happened when I gave my adopted stray dog the 'wellness' treat. He became permanently scared.

Message 43 of 75 (1,491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This has also happened to me on every single save file I've had that has pets in the household. Both WITH mods and without them (As I removed all my CC and mods, and even ran repair on the game itself.) Its incredibly inconvenient that I would need to use a cheat to remove buffs constantly, considering how often you need to take your pets to the vet. Mind you I've only taken ONE animal to the vet for a checkup, all other visits were for illnesses, and have still had this bug happen on multiple saves, in multiple towns, at different vet clinics etc. Its pretty much anytime you go to the vet. Also, it may or may not have also bugged out when I had my pet at home on a save, but I may just have not noticed the negative buff at first as I'm pretty sure the lampshade over head thing was also in the thought bubble of those pets and I can't recall if I had taken them to the vet or not. It was my first save file after the release.

All in all, its ridiculous that this bug, especially with it being so annoying (possibly game-breaking for some I imagine) and difficult to deal with, made it past testing phases. But then again....what do we expect from EA? Thorough testing for a smooth gaming experience? HA! Don't get me wrong, I have loved the sims franchise for a loooooooong time, but its becoming clearer and clearer that EA values money over their fans, and quantity over quality, as is clear in this case.

**Edit: Also having the problem where, after using the work-around cheat on my dog, I can no longer pet my dog.....at all. Just talk to, get to know, intellectual discussion, praise, request song, and send hunting. Thats literally it. No more smooches. No more scratch favorite spot, no petting, no brushing, NOTHING! Soooo...yeah, EA get your -stuff- together and patch this quickly.**

Message 44 of 75 (1,408 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@pyropixie89

Preventative shot and the Wellness treat causes it. Just avoid these two for the time being until there is a fix.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 45 of 75 (1,390 Views)

The Sims 4 Cats

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs, The Sims 4 City Living, The Sims 4 Get Together, The Sims 4 Get to Work, The sims 4 Parenthood, The Sims 4 Dine Out, The Sims 4 Spa Day, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, The Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a pet to the vet and give pet the vaccine.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pet becomes unhappy all the time
What do you expect to see? Pet act normaly after vaccine. The possibility to satisfy them and keep them happy for a longer period of time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Pets become unhappy after they get the vaccine and stay unhappy. Nothing you do can make the pet happy again. If you ask what is wrong it tells you it is scared and need a second to calm down. Taking care of the pet, playing with it ect. Does not make the pet happy. Even if you spend an entire sim day with it. 

Message 46 of 75 (1,388 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Cats

Hero

Hi @Uninterestingal

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 75 (1,371 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

★ Apprentice

Hi,

I have the same issue as the person above, I used your solution and it worked out great (removed scared moodlet), but now the owner can't pet, kiss, hug or do much with his animal (they are companions).

Message 48 of 75 (1,326 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

Hero

Hi @LadyKesse

that's only temporary. They'll come back after a while.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 75 (1,322 Views)

Dog being scared 24/7 after having preventative shots

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a dog get the preventative shots from the vet and go home and take the cone off.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the shots are taken and the cone is removed, my dog is constantly being scared of the dishwasher and he keeps going to it and after like 7 hours of not being near the dishwasher, he still has the scared moodlet.
What do you expect to see? My dog to not be scared forever and just have small moodlets for being scared that are only like 20 minutes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Added Cats and Dogs

I don't know if I'm missing something but my dog is just constantly scared and it gets really annoying.

Message 50 of 75 (1,319 Views)