Re: Dog being scared 24/7 after having preventative shots

Hero

Hi @Hi_its_Nobody

merged your post with exiting thread.

See workaround post for a solution.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 75 (1,387 Views)

Re: Dog being scared 24/7 after having preventative shots

★ Guide

Ok I didn't know this was already an existing post!

Message 52 of 75 (1,374 Views)

Squirrel Scratch Fever Made my Dogs Scared of Doors?

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I found a stray dog, i adopted him, he was sick so we went to the vet. He has squirrel scratch fever, I got him the expensive treatment.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever any dog that has been to the vet and received treatment is near my front door they become uncomfortable. The moodlet does eventually change back. They have thought bubbles of leashes. When I ask what is wrong they have a thought bubble of a man with a lampshade on his head, and it says that they are scared and need a minute to calm down.
What do you expect to see? I expect the moodlet to not change. I have needs turned off so it should not be because they need to go out or need to go for a walk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm not sure if this is the same as the "scared of the vet" bug. Please fix this. 

Message 53 of 75 (1,367 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

★★ Novice
This fixed it thank you
Message 54 of 75 (1,363 Views)

Re: Squirrel Scratch Fever Made my Dogs Scared of Doors?

Champion (Retired)

@disqualifyshippa

This does not sound like it has anything to do with the permanently scared bug.

Neither was it related to the squirrel scratch fever.

Dogs get scared at new things occasionally as you say you had just adopted a stray it was simply scared of its new environment. You also wrote that it did go away.

If you would rather that dogs never get scared you can post a suggestion in General Information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 55 of 75 (1,345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I understand that, but i have now had the dogs for a couple weeks. It goes away and comes back when they go near the door 

Its also not scared, its uncomfortable, as if it needs to go to the bathroom, but needs are turned off. 

Message 56 of 75 (1,336 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If it doesn't say that it is scared look at what in the area could make it uncomfortable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 57 of 75 (1,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you try the workaround ? does it come back if you do ?

@disqualifyshippa

I actually merged this as it's the same symptoms as the other ones. So far, two causes have been identified (both in this thread), there's possible there's more, just FYI @jpkarlsen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 75 (1,319 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict

There may be more but I have only seen the two cases already identified as causing lengthy periods of fear. Also in @disqualifyshippa case there were no lengthy fear but a repeating discomfort when the pet came in vicinity of the door.

All in all I do not believe this is related to the bug with lengthy (permanent) fear.

Message 59 of 75 (1,302 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

★ Novice
This doesn’t work on my pet Frown what else can i do?
Message 60 of 75 (1,253 Views)