Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4, The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, The Sims 4 City Living, The Sims 4 Get To Work, The Sims 4 Get Together, The Sims 4 Parenthood, The Sims 4 Vampires, The Sims 4 Dine Out, The Sims 4 Spa Day, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, The Sims 4 Toddler Stuff, The Sims 4 Fitness Stuff, The Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, The Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Life of the Party Digital Content,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create or adopt a cat and/or a dog. Bring these animals to the veterinarian and have them go through a check-up. When prompted, select the preventative treatment.
What happens when the bug occurs? The animal in question will become scared and their portrait becomes red, just like with uncomfortable sims. This status doesn't go away and the animal will remain scared seemingly perpetually.
What do you expect to see? The animal shouldn't remain scared forever
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm not sure what to write here, I think I've outlined it pretty well already. I created this report because crinrict prompted us to in this thread.

Message 1 of 75 (44,175 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO ADD] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

Hero

Getting a preventative shot for your pet will no longer put them in a state of perpetual fear.
  • So, so… the shot worked, right? I mean I got the shot, it stung, I felt it. The stuff is there, I'm not gonna get sick, yea? Or... wait a minute, did you just want to stick me with that? That's it, isn’t it! And... are you going to do this to me again? Has our whole life just all been a ruse? Some sort of needle plum alien experimentation study... that's it, isn't it? You're an alien! Aargh, how do I get out of here?!

Don't know yet if the wellness treat was also fixed or not.

If it's not, please create a new thread for this as I'm going to mark this as fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 67 of 75 (32,935 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Yes I have this issue as well

Message 2 of 75 (43,869 Views)

★★ Novice
I have this problem too
Message 3 of 75 (43,834 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

A possible temporary solution is to travel to the Brindleton Bay vet clinic and buy some wellness treats from the vending machine (Dr. Magi-Heal's Medical vend-o-matic). The vending machine is directly right of the entrance, light green color. You can then give the treat to your afflicted pet (it should appear in a new Give Vet treat... option). I gave my scaredy cat a wellness treat and the uncomfortable orange went away.

Shouldn't have to be the Brindleton Bay vet clinic, you could probably just buy the vending machine temporarily if you do not want to travel. As far as I have seen on different forums and threads, this solution is not universal, as in it may not remove the perma-fear state. I gave the treat to my pet after completely saving and exiting my game, in case that mattered.

I hope this helps some people and good luck :Q

Edit: After further testing, this solution is more like a really, REALLY, temporary bandaid to have your pet stop whining. The wellness treat gives a happy moodlet that covers up the uncomfortable one, but will eventually wear off and your pet will return to whining about being afraid D: So...all I can say is just stock up on treats if you don't want to sell your pet, since it will stop the meowing/barking for a while. I will provide more updates if anything changes.

Edit 2: The treats are really inefficient at dealing with the moodlet so I wouldn't bother (they stop it for like an hour or so ingame time). I've opted to just turn the volume down on my game until a real fix is released. :<

Last Edit: So tested different treats and things for now I think the best thing for people who don't want to start over with a new pet or turn their sound off is to just keep your pet happy (with attention, playing, treats, etc) because the happy moodlets will override the uncomfortable fear moodlet, putting a stop to the pets cries.

Message 4 of 75 (43,764 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes this occurs on every pet that gets examined at the vet. Does not go away and the pet is always scared. A lamp on a guys head bubble pops up. Please fix ASAP I’m getting tired of seeing my pets uncomfortable
Message 5 of 75 (43,757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have found a temporary solution. It does indeed seem as though we're dealing with a bugged moodlet, my guess would be that whatever the "Scared of the Vet" moodlet is called, the timer on it has a few extra 0's in it.

To get rid of the moodlet (permanently, until the next time you trigger the bug again) follow these steps.

1. Enable testing cheats by opening the console (Control+Shift+C and typing in testingcheats on)
  2. Get the SimID by the pet affected by the bug by typing in the command sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNameofPet LastNameofPet
  3. Write down the sim ID written in the console, it'll be a 19 character long string
  4. Remove all moodlets from your pet by typing in sims.remove_all_buffs SimID, e.g. sims.remove_all_buffs 1052442116385935975

What you can do is open up notepad or something in a small window above the game and then type down the SimID there, provided you play in windowed full-screen or windowed mode, and not actual full-screen. You can then copy-paste (Control-C, Control V) the SimID once into the console.

This will clear all the moodlets from your pet and they'll stop whining. Hopefully they'll fix this soon though.

Message 6 of 75 (57,437 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had a similar issue after feeding my dog a Wellness Treat.  The remove all buffs cured it for now.

Message 7 of 75 (43,649 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for this fix.  It worked on my sweet bulldog, Bowser after his trip to the vet clinic.  I do hope this is fixed soon.  It's a disappointment.  I throw my money at EA like it's water.  I feel like charging $40 for a game then putting it on the market to use that paying player base to test the game for bugs is robbery.  Please hire game testers.  I'm sure there's hundreds of people willing to test alpha versions for free.  Give us a polished game or charge less!  *Climbs off my soapbox*

Message 8 of 75 (43,547 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

★★★ Newbie

My dog has been uncomfortable since he visited the vet too! It just doesn't go away Frown

Message 9 of 75 (43,073 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Try the workaround I posted above.
Message 10 of 75 (43,049 Views)