Re: Birthday Parties et al

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I tested to have a wedding at the Center Park Myshuno Meadows in San Myshuno; the caterer did not make a wedding cake. I went into build mode and removed the pot and pan placed on the stove, and then held a wedding there; the caterer made a wedding cake first thing. I held a birthday party there, (with the pots and pan on the stove), the caterer made no cake; but once my sim 'cleaned up' the pans (and threw some of the parfait away), the caterer got to it. I don't have Pets pack, so cannot try in Brindleton Bay, but maybe there is something blocking the stove/counter/fridge there too; a cake needs those to be made.

clean up pots and pan on stove.png

yeah you should be proud.png

cut wedding cake.png

Message 21 of 25 (2,634 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Caterers don't Cook Wedding/Birthday Cake

★★★ Guide

I have had similar to this. Sometimes the caterer doest cook at all or seems to wait until just before the event ends to start the cake. On a couple of occasions I have had to make a cake or two myself so it got done in time. 

Message 22 of 25 (2,622 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Caterers don't Cook Wedding Cake

★ Apprentice
@SimGuruIcarus Yes, I'm having this issue on all public lots, and private to some degree. The caterers often won't even go to the kitchen and when they do, they stop randomly halfway through a meal or make one thing and disappear off to socialize. One Incognito costume party, I had the option of talking about their costume to them while they chilled at the bar the whole party.
Message 23 of 25 (2,579 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Caterers don't Cook Wedding/Birthday Cake

★★ Novice

Happens to me as well. Hiring a caterer through the party planner will cause him/her to arrive on the lot and doing nothing but socialize and other stuff. He tries maybe to cook something at the beginning but then he stops. Hiring staff from fridge or stoves works fine instead.

Message 24 of 25 (2,549 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Caterer Sims will now be able to make a Cake and complete their Party event goals.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

EDIT: Please use this thread if you still have issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Caterers-Mixologists-don-t-work-at-event/td-p/9350...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 25 (22,639 Views)