Re: [OPEN] Caterers (chefs) option not available

by CCuteCCabaret

Original Post

Re: Hire service when clicking on refridgerator

Hero
Never seen such an option. Are you sure that wasn't a mod ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 32 (2,494 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I know this existed as an option long before I used mods, which started January 2018. Last time I ever bothered using catering was in December 2017 with the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household. I clicked on their fridge and not only could I hire a regular caterer (which when I chose it it randomly generated one of my Sims to cook for them) but also the option to hire a vegetarian caterer right beside it as a separate option.
Message 22 of 32 (2,467 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Found a Sims Forum comment about vegetarian caterers (along with all the catering options back in 2016) here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15336150#Comment_15336150

caterer.jpg

Message 23 of 32 (2,467 Views)

Hero
Is she vegetarian ? Maybe you only get it if you play a vegetarian ? (well used to get it). It's probably the same issue, yes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 32 (2,460 Views)

Champion (Retired)

**Same issue but slightly different**
Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time I try to hire a caterer at home lot
What expansions: All EP/GP/SP Except My First Pet Stuff - All patches are current.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click stove or fridge to hire caterer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Options IS available to "Hire a Specific Caterer"
What do you expect to see? More like what I expect to happen, A menu comes up with several Sims to choose as a caterer. I select one (Example: Bob Pancake) but instead of any caterer showing up :: My Sim becomes the Caterer:: The "Caterer" title apears above her name. She twirls into the caterer outfit and cooks one meal. She stays in the caterer uniform until I have her change outfits.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not Sure because I do not usually use a caterer

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 25 of 32 (2,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Not sure if someone has already said, but LittleMsSam's Hire caterer fix fixed it for me.
Other than that, I'm not sure what else there is.

<Removed mod link. Please don't link mods at AHQ, just name them. Linking is against the TOS>

Message 26 of 32 (2,366 Views)

★ Guide

For me when I hire a specific caterer my sim becomes the caterer. There is no hire option or hire vegetarian option. When I started a new save the option completely disappeared. I can’t hire any caterer.

Message 27 of 32 (2,323 Views)

Hero

• You may now hire a caterer during a social event by clicking on a Refrigerator or Stove, even if you chose not to hire a caterer while setting up the event.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 32 (12,360 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm not quite sure this is entirely fixed? It still won't let me hire a VEGETARIAN caterer (just like the screenshot in this thread) even with a VEGETARIAN sim. A regular caterer works fine though.

Message 29 of 32 (2,263 Views)

Hero
Could you just make a new thread for that ?

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 32 (2,252 Views)