[FIXED] Career & Aspiration progress broken with new patch?

by justme22

Original Post

Re: Career & Aspiration progress broken with new patch?

Hero

Was she at that level before you changed to Renaissance ? If so, then it's this issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Previous-current-career-levels-do-not-count-towards-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 75 (1,445 Views)

Re: My Sim can't be promoted

★★ Novice

I have the same issue, has any suggestions been made to fix this? Was already at level 5 when he moved up to this level of the aspirations, now level 6 but can't complete the level 4 aspiration as it won't acknowledge he is past level 5 gamer!

Message 72 of 75 (1,423 Views)

Hero

Either use cheats to level down and back up again or use the complete milestone cheat: http://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 75 (1,417 Views)

★★ Novice

I noticed the Bug first on 12/18 with the Actor Career from the Get Famous Expansion.

It might be important to note that except for the Vampire Expansion - I have all the EA Packs, Content, and Expansions.

I first noticed this on a Saved game and then have been testing it out on completely randomized and brand new game Sims. No Mods or CC.

What happens is - After choosing the Actor Career, the Talent agency, and the First gig - which is the music player. I buy a guitar and start to practice.

The skill increases and reaches level two as expected, the bubble pops and it says that I skilled up over the Sim.

The Bug is that the career progression tab where it shows the need to increase the guitar skill and the game scripting itself does NOT mark the guitar skill as having increased.

Then the first gig the sim plays fails because the skill did not register as increasing to level two.

I have done the following things in testing the bug and started fresh games each time without CC or Mods.

1. Followed the Forum steps to delete Cache files and the SIMS4 files relating to the Get Famous Expansion

1a. Reinstalled Get Famous expansion and repaired Game Files.

Retested and confirmed bug exists.

2. Uninstalled the game through Windows and then deleted remaining game files.

2a. Reinstalled the entire game through Origin. Updated Game

Retested and confirmed bug exists.

3. Logged in on another PC today 12/21 - Updated latest files through Origin. Retested - Confirmed Bug

Message 74 of 75 (1,234 Views)

Hero
As you made a new thread already, I'm locking this very very very old one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 75 of 75 (1,216 Views)