[FIXED] Career & Aspiration progress broken with new patch?

by justme22

Original Post

Re: Tech Guru career level 6 after December update

Hero

@lpower33 Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 75 (2,040 Views)

Unable to level up in Careers

★★★ Newbie
Ever since I updated to the latest patch of The Sims 4, my sims does not seem to fulfill their required tasks in order to be promoted.

For example, my sim has maxed out in his Cooking and Gourmet Cooking skills but the game registered him as level 0 in the careers tab.

Is this happening to anyone else? How can I get this fixed? I did not work this hard for my Sim to be stuck at a certain stage on his career.
Message 22 of 75 (2,034 Views)

Re: Unable to level up in Careers

★★★★★ Apprentice

There are several others experienceing this behavior with both careers/school as well as aspirations.   See this thread for more information.  The only work around at the moment is to use cheats to promote yourself or complete the current aspiration milestone.

Message 23 of 75 (2,027 Views)

Hero

@maggielee116 Merged. There's a few suggestions in this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 75 (2,021 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I started a fresh game yesterday so i could see if this bug affects game started after the patch.  I deliberately set profession related skills high to deliberately exceed requirements.   So far, this bug has not occured.  Objectives which are already exceeded have been marked as met.   I will come back and confirm that this is the case once my two test sims reach level 10 of their chosen careers and complete their aspirations.

Message 28 of 75 (2,009 Views)

Promotion requirement stuck at 0

★★★ Newbie

1 of requirement was to increase handiness skill to 2, I had my sim practice to increase it to 5, the promotion requiremet were not updated, stuck at 0/2

Message 25 of 75 (2,017 Views)

Re: Promotion requirement stuck at 0

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Wilmer.   This issue, as well as a similar issue with some aspirations has been reported by others as well.  Please see this thread for more information.   Crinrict has already made sure this is on the list of issues to be looked into.  At this point, the only work around is to manually promote yourself (or complete aspiration milestones) using cheat codes.

Message 26 of 75 (2,015 Views)

Re: Promotion requirement stuck at 0

★★★ Newbie

Oh, thank you, I missed this thread

Message 27 of 75 (2,009 Views)

Re: Career progress broken with new patch?

Hero

@wilmer_mao Merged your thread.

I do not have the bug myself so there must be something causing this. The SIms I've checked on, are all ok.

Not sure what's going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 75 (2,004 Views)

Re: cant get promotion in the Sims4

Hero

@Feevis wrote:

@breethom wrote:

Hi

I had the skill level issue aswell, my sims was level 6 gourmet skill and my work target said I had to be level 2, it was not registering. I quit my sims job as soon as I started game up and then clicked on find job and it put me back to the same level this time the gourmet skill achievement was ticked. 

Try that to see if it works for you and remember to save your game first incase it doesn't

Could everyone try if that works for them (at least for Sims with a job) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 75 (1,999 Views)