[FIXED] Care for self not showing up

by carrotcookies

Original Post

Re: Can't bring child back to lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@adawg147852There is a problem with clubs and gathering that your sim can't leave lot during a club gathering like for example Sim A left lot and sim B stayed, sim C in club stayed on lot, since sim C didn't leave lot club gathering didn't end. Sim C can't leave lot until club gathering is over. This can also happen when vampires are around or when a sim is witnessing death.

Edit: For example I was at one of the bars in CL and out of the blue, a sim appears outside the Elevator inside the bar goes to the bathroom and I hear the famous death music and a popup says sim is dying of old age, and than goes to the pool, and does a few lapse in the pool, the sim dies in the pool, and instead of a old age death I get a drowning death.  However before that happened my sims where trying to leave and it said unable to leave death is occurring and that was before I even heard the music.

Message 81 of 99 (979 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Sid1701d9 My sims weren't having a club gathering. The particular screenshot was taken after a wedding once the wedding had ended, and I sent my female YA sim home. My female YA sims also works an active career, and while she is at work and her child returns from school, the lighting bolt also doesn't appear, so I can't make the child take care of her needs. I know you can't bring the sim to the active career lot, but I still have the lightning bolt to control the male YA at while I'm at work. I also still have the ability to control the child at school with the briefcase. It's just the lightning bolt missing.
Message 82 of 99 (970 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@adawg147852 Maybe that is a bug, because I had the problem a while back, if sim that could help child sim take care of all their needs the lightning bolt icon was there, but if child was along on lot lighting bolt icon was missing. Lighting bolt should be there if another adult sim is there.
Message 83 of 99 (954 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Sid1701d9 I haven't tried leaving the child alone on a lot without any other adults yet. Maybe the lightning bolt will be missing then as well, but so far I've only had it with other adults. I'll try later on a new save and see if it's just particular to this save or across my whole game.
Message 84 of 99 (948 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@adawg147852 I tried all kinds of combinations and two different lots the lighting bolt isn't there for the child sim rather alone or with another sim, so I marked me too on it because I was able to safely replicate it.
Message 85 of 99 (936 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Sid1701d9 Oh okay. Thanks!
Message 86 of 99 (928 Views)

Hero
@adawg147852 I merged your post over to the current bug report on this.

Please see solution post for a workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 87 of 99 (876 Views)

Re: Can’t manage other sims while away with another

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@StarryMightI have the same problem. I play with couple of households in one save. Also I play on an xbox and cant add mods so how can I find out what hidden trait is messing with my households.

On the other hand I am really close to getting the legacy achievement and I dont want to enable cheats and not be able to get it. So can there be a permanent solution in the form of an update. 

Message 88 of 99 (824 Views)

Re: Can't select "Care for self" option when off lot

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks!
Message 89 of 99 (758 Views)

Re: Can't select "Care for self" option when off lot

★ Apprentice

Solution on page 1 (removing the trait) actually worked! Thanks!

Message 90 of 99 (754 Views)