Re: Care for self not showing up for children

by crinrict

Original Post

Can't switch control to other sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? island living, pets, get famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? if one of your sims is at another location (I've noticed this since I installed island living and my sim is at another location in sulani) and you want to find the option to switch control to the sim, there is no option there
What happens when the bug occurs? sim is faded out like you can't touch it and the only way I can get my sim to come back is if I get the sim I'm controlling to call him back on the phone. This error only applies too my main sims from sulani right now, I moved them into one of the base game areas with two base game sims I created and I can switch between the base game sims fine but not the Sulani ones.
What do you expect to see? the bar with the sims profile on, some will be clear (if they are at same location as myself) but others who are elsewhere are faded out and I can't click on them to switch control or use and of the other options such as skill building, tidy up etc. only way to resolve is to get a sim I can control to call them up and invite them home. If I don't do it early the sim I couldn't control will run its bars down and not look after itself.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

note: checked my sims and it applies to some of my sims in the family but not the children. see pic

Message 91 of 99 (1,518 Views)

Re: Can't switch control to other sims 4

Hero
@zoeishere I merged your pots with the current bug report on this.

See solution post for a workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 99 (1,474 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims on home lot don't take care of needs when active sims awa

★★★★ Apprentice

Also having this problem but only with one household it seems and only the kids. They won't "care for self" and there's not even a lightning bolt to click. The two adults in the household have the lightning bolt and will "care for self." I've tried moving the family onto a different lot but that didn't work. 

Message 93 of 99 (1,396 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims on home lot don't take care of needs when active sims awa

Hero
@kriggin1 That's a bit a different issue. I moved your post to the correct bug report.

See solution post for a workaround

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 94 of 99 (1,380 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@kriggin1That's a bit a different issue. I moved your post to the correct bug report.

See solution post for a workaround

Not sure if this is helpful but this evening I started playing a different household (same save), only two adults in this household and I was having the same issue. I realized that in both households, one of the adults was in the Detective career. I switched back to the household that I originally noticed the issue and had the sim who was in that career retire. Went to Manage Worlds and then back and the issue was solved.

Not sure if it's all those types of careers or just detective but hope that helps. 

Message 95 of 99 (1,302 Views)

Travelling - sim not on the active lot can't "care for self"

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, Discover University, Cats and Dogs, City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to send a sim travelling and see if the bug occurs for one of the member of the household.
What happens when the bug occurs? In my played households, when a member of the household - that is not the husband - is travelling, I don't have the regular options for the husband i.e. "care for self", "switch control", bring here" etc... I actually have no options available and he doesn't take care of his needs. It only happens with him, it works normally for the other member of the household when he is the one travelling for instance.
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to have the regular options for this sim too when he is not on the active lot and an other member of the household is travelling.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help me fix this Standard smile 

Message 96 of 99 (1,234 Views)

Re: Travelling - sim not on the active lot can't "care for self"

Hero
@ValeLopez69001 Merged with existing thread.

Please try the workaround posted in the solution post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 97 of 99 (1,222 Views)

Re: Travelling - sim not on the active lot can't "care for self"

★★★ Apprentice
I also had the same issue, and I think it started when I had one of the child's parents go to university and then re-join the household after completing their degree. The workaround worked, much thanks for that.
Message 98 of 99 (1,134 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Care for self not showing up for children

Hero

Fixed an issue where Sims were not able to Care for Self after they had been in daycare when they were a Toddler.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 99 of 99 (4,363 Views)