Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Care for self not showing up

by moxiegraphix

Original Post

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac 
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get famous, get to work, seasons, city living, kids stuff, and laundry day. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By going into a household and having a sim go to a different lot. At least one sim at all time who is at home, while I'm out at a different lot with another household member, can't be controlled. The lightning bolt disappears completely and I can't control them. I only have one save, so I tested with other households that are in my save and it's always one member of the household that can't be controlled. 
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a lightning bolt for every single Sim so I can control them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I use CC, MCCC, and UI cheats. However, I removed them and the problem still occurred. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Happened after the June patch, I never had this problem until the recent patch update. 

Message 21 of 99 (1,345 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I've had this problem with a young adult sim recently. It tends to happen when one of my sims is invited out by another and I leave one at home. It's not even 100% of the time either. Sometimes I can manage the other one and have them do things like socialize or take care of themselves but usually only after a game reload. I came home to find my sim's poor husband in the red for toilet needs so he wouldn't even care for himself while she was gone without the option to tell him to do so, which is odd because that's the default option.

Message 22 of 99 (1,325 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Care for self not showing up

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 99 (1,314 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Care for self not showing up

★★★★★ Novice

Hi all, another report here Standard smile

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Russian
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, all GP, stuff packs - Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Backyard, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Bowling Night, Fitness, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave the lot with a sim whilst others are at home
What happens when the bug occurs? The 'lightning bolt' is not available on some of the sims at home so they can't take care of self / learn skills / be invited to lots etc. This only happens with some of the sims in the household, so in my current family one is perfectly fine and has the lightning bolt and the other doesn't (see screenshots below, taken at the same destination lot immediately after each other). I tested it on a few other families and it similarly happens to only some sims, without any clear pattern (all genders, ages, household sizes and towns).
What do you expect to see? The lightning bolt to control what my sims do at home
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, CC and mods, but the issue remained even after I removed all and cleared cache. The problem doesn't seem to affect new saves (even with mods), but all my old saves are affected.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seems to have come after the June 18 patch

To previous posts - I tend to play with one save and rotate between different households, but I always have only one active family at a time.

Happy to share the save if that helps - thank you!
Message 24 of 99 (1,296 Views)

No Care for Self Option

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get to Work, City Living, Dine Out, Parenthood, Kids Room Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a multi-sim household. Have one sim stay home, travel with other sim to a lot (I chose my retail bakery). Attempt to have sim at home care for self or build skills etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim at home is correctly greyed out but there is no lightning bolt icon to select.
What do you expect to see? The lightning bolt icon so I can control my sims that are at home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

(Please move this to here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Care-for-self-not-showing-up/td-p/7972350/page/3  

I wasn't sure how to post using the bug template in a thread that's already opened sorry)

This doesn't happen with all sims as you can see in the pic attached below - The two females are sisters raised from babies, the male sim with the issue is one of their boyfriends, didn't play him at all however he was born from another family (through story progression settings in MCCC). When I come home from the bakery, the female is fine, all needs green and the male has all his needs down in the yellows oranges and reds. 

image1.jpeg

Message 25 of 99 (1,235 Views)

Re: No Care for Self Option

★ Apprentice

The issue is still occurring with the same sim after the July 1.53 patch Frown

Message 26 of 99 (1,182 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Dang. Frown

@iscool87 , @moxiegraphix , and @Skyler1802 : Do you play rotationally or not?

Message 27 of 99 (1,170 Views)

★ Guide

@StarryMight I do not.

@StarryMight wrote:

Dang. Frown

@iscool87 , @moxiegraphix , and @Skyler1802 : Do you play rotationally or not?

Message 28 of 99 (1,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@moxiegraphix : Okay, so you play only one family or have totally different games with their own saves? Thanks!

Message 29 of 99 (1,154 Views)

★ Apprentice
@StarryMight I play one family at any one time, not really sure what counts as rotational.
Message 30 of 99 (1,132 Views)