Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Care for self not showing up

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, Dine Out, Movie Hangout and all expansions packs except Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After age up a toddler to child (or just have a child?) and leave the lot
What happens when the bug occurs? When one of my sims leaves the children at home the lightning bolt is not there so I cannot select care for self. When I get back home their bladders are almost always at 0 and their other needs are also low. This only happened after they aged up to children.
What do you expect to see? The lightning bolt so their needs get taken care of
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

I aged up my twin toddlers into children, and ever since then when I leave the lightning bolt disappeared. It's still there for my other toddlers. I attached a picture of their icons. 

Message 1 of 99 (6,826 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Care for self not showing up for children

Hero

Fixed an issue where Sims were not able to Care for Self after they had been in daycare when they were a Toddler.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 99 of 99 (4,358 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero
@carrotcookies Works fine for me. Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing your mods/CC ?

Do you have the same issue in other households/saves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 99 (6,766 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I did not delete the file and did not test other saves, but I will once I get the chance, and update
Message 3 of 99 (6,753 Views)

Can’t manage other sims while away with another

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020 (64bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, seasons, get together, parenthood, Dine out, spa day, laundry day stuff, movie hangout stuff, holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into more than one sim household and get one sim travel to other lot and you will see that u can’t manage the other sim while away with one.
What happens when the bug occurs? when I get one sim away I can’t manage the other sim to do stuff or care for themselves. Now the bug keep happening to other sims started with one and spreading.
What do you expect to see? every time i travel with a sim I should be able to manage other sims in the household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 4 of 99 (6,765 Views)

Re: Can’t manage other sims while away with another

Hero
@xXGamingKiddoXx Do you know what you did when it started ? For me it all works fine when I test on an older save.

Would you be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 99 (6,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@xXGamingKiddoXx and @carrotcookies : Do you also play rotationally (more than one household)? Do you have a single save or multiple saves?

A couple of people on LittleMsSam's Discord are also having this issue, and we're trying to figure out the exact trigger.

Message 6 of 99 (6,729 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict it first started when I got one of my sim to travel for a night out. First began with the child sim now with all my teen sim. For a young adult, adult and elder I can manage but teens children and toddlers don’t appear.
Message 7 of 99 (6,706 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@StarryMight I have multiple households like 8 and only one save file. Could that be the problem?
Message 8 of 99 (6,702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@xXGamingKiddoXx wrote:
@StarryMightI have multiple households like 8 and only one save file. Could that be the problem?

That's what we're trying to figure out...thanks for the info! Standard smile

BTW, we don't know for sure that's what's happening, but we're speculating that...

Message 9 of 99 (6,699 Views)

Hero
@xXGamingKiddoXx Would you mind uploading your save somewhere and PM me the link ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 99 (6,697 Views)