[FIXED] Care for Self for Sims at different lot not properly registering

by nicoxman8

Original Post

Re: Daycare is Killing my Toddlers and Babies

★ Guide

It has totally got worse. When sims even ignore their screaming baby/toddler while being on the active lot. I had to pretty much force my sims to take care of their babies. One sim even went up after delivery to wash her hands, totally ignoring the baby and ignored it until I pretty much forced her to take care of it and her toddlers, and make sure her mother didn't exorcised to death (bodybuilders don't know when to quit...), and make sure her vampire husband stopped going out to pose for paparazzis. Which is why my sim teen died of hunger when he was on his own in the city. Which shouldn't really happen as there is always food available.

I've also experienced getting a toddler taken away 2 times with another family/game, one time when I came back to the lot with my sims after a wedding and one time when I had a nanny present to take care of the toddlers and baby.

Message 51 of 67 (2,155 Views)

Household Sims who remain at home when I travel have decayed needs

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Get to Work, City Living, Seasons, etc.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try it.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I travel with a Sim to another lot, the rest of the household Sims' needs decay like they are doing nothing, and half their needs become orange or red, like they can't go to toilet, or go to sleep, or talk to each other, when I'm not present in the lot.
What do you expect to see? Household Sims who remain at home when I travel should be doing something, like sleeping or talking to each other or going to toilet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 52 of 67 (2,143 Views)

Re: Household Sims who remain at home when I travel have decayed needs

★★★★ Pro
I my game it helps if I just click on their portraits and refresh the "care for themselves" command. All sims turn green immediately.
Message 53 of 67 (2,106 Views)

Hero

Hi @dirty_milos 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post and try the workaround @alanmichael1  provided

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 67 (2,083 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have tried that workaround, I was clicking on their portraits "Care for Self" several times, but it does not work for me, they were all still orange.

Message 55 of 67 (2,001 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dirty_milos  - When you click "care for self", the need with the lowest bar will start to refill slowly. Once the first need goes to yellow or green, if you click "care for self" again, it will reevaluate and start filling the need that now has the lowest bar. If you have several in the orange, it will take a bit of time and some watching to raise all the needs, but it will work. It will only fill one bar at a time, and slowly over time.

If they're all orange, you might want to switch control to the affected sim and have them use the toilet and take a shower, then switch back to the off-lot sim. At least you get a couple of bars filled quickly. Make sure to click "care for self" on the sim that is off-lot if you switch control. 

Message 56 of 67 (1,981 Views)

Sim does not take care of self when other sim goes out.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everyone
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go in the game - have 2 members, try going out with one.
What happens when the bug occurs? Well, need goes down, they might die.
What do you expect to see? That the sims will be able to take care of themselfes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Starting to get so sick of this, happens every time, and its been going on for a while. It ends up with me not being able to go out with the sims, unless i bring the whole family, which can be hard when I want to follow one sim to work, and the other one stay home. 

I also have tried to click "care for self" when one sim is out, but nothing happens. When I get home, they are tired, gotta use the bathroom, hygiene is low, fun is low. This is so annoying that I cant go out with one sim, because then the other one is using all her time on getting needs up before work, and doesn't get time for anything else. Meaning, she will never get promoted, get skills, etc... 

Please help! Tried searching it up, but all I can find is old posts, or people saying "just press the care for self button". Nothing works.

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Message 57 of 67 (1,928 Views)

Re: Why don't Sims Care for themselves?

★ Novice
the care for self option was no there today while i was in the jungle my two sims almost died!
Message 58 of 67 (1,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This issue's still around, huh?

Something kind of weird I've noticed when using the workaround is sometimes Sims only have 3 options:
Switch Control
Bring Here
Take Care of Self

When, since they're back at the house, there should be many other options like:
Socialize With...
Tidy Up
Hone Skill...

As soon as I manually tell such Sims to Care for Self, if I click on the options again, the rest of the choices that should've been there the first time show up.

I wonder if it's related to the issue.
Like, the game doesn't think they're where they're supposed to be, so it messes up with them automatically choosing the Care for Self.

Also, sometimes if I leave home with one Sim, while another is at home currently doing some sort of skill activity, the game will automatically assign them the "Hone (skill)" interaction, but... incorrectly?

Like, I once had the game decide my Young Adult Sim was Honing the Social skill, which is a Child skill, and another time it had them Honing the Motor skill, which is also a Child skill. I can't help but think these issues are related.

Message 59 of 67 (1,759 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It wouldn't be at the jungle as that is considered one big lot with many gates, that is why you need to bring supplies and keep your other sims close even though they tend to want to wonder around the jungle area  when your not controlling them.

Anyways, I tested to see if my game has that bug too it does and I never noticed it.  I did try the work around and it does work.  I was always wondering why my sims would not gain on the negative skills like 10% of the time.

Message 60 of 67 (1,730 Views)