[FIXED] Care for Self for Sims at different lot not properly registering

by nicoxman8

Original Post

Re: Why don't Sims Care for themselves?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This problem occurs when using Outdoor Retreat. One sim (+pet) stays at the bungalow while the other goes to the forest for some solo camping and exploring. There's no option to let the other sim take care of themselves (and dog). Had to stop the camping trip early to return home and discover the sim with almost all of their needs in deep red. 

I have no mods or cc. The option "take care of yourself" doesn't show when I click the lightning bolt, which was the first thing I tried (I use it quite often for family members when the sims go out on their own).

Message 31 of 67 (1,394 Views)

Re: Why don't Sims Care for themselves?

Hero
Sounds like a different issue. Please make a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 67 (1,372 Views)

[GF] Non-played householdmembers don't take care of needs

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? newest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except "My first pet stuff"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? travel to different lot without the whole household
What happens when the bug occurs? left behind householdmembers only take little care of themselfes and ignore toddler
What do you expect to see? that they take care of themselfes like before
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. recent patch and new Expansion

Each time i leave the homelot with only one sim the ones left behind lose all their autonomously, sometimes if you are lucky the deadly-needs (like sleep and hunger) are taken care off.

Toddlers are completely ignored though!

My Sim came back from vacation and each household-member's needs were in deep red and they were frozen in place dancing. From the needs they should all be dead by long.

While on vacation only picture-colour changing was the toddlers. Sim went to work fine

Message 33 of 67 (1,436 Views)

Re: [GF] Non-played householdmembers don't take care of needs

Hero
There's two threads for this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Care-for-Self-for-Sims-at-different-lot-not-properl...
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddler-not-being-taken-care-of-at-daycare-low-needs/td-p...

Does it work for non-toddlers if you re-choose the care for self interaction ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 67 (1,429 Views)

Re: [GF] Non-played householdmembers don't take care of needs

Hero
Hi @Kaga87

did you see my question above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 67 (1,299 Views)

Sims left at home do not take care of any needs

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.47.51.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All DLC, except for "Get Famous"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Family with 2 adults, 1 child, 1 teen. When going with any of the sims to another lot for any reason, the sims left at home under AI control do not take care of any of their needs. Adults have the traits so they (usually) never have to pee/sleep/bathe, but they still have to eat twice a day. Children have none of these traits. Playing with autonomy on max (double checked in options for every sim in the family).
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims left at home (not coming along to the new active lot) end up with completely unresolved needs - near death situation. Children/teen do not do their homework, don't eat, don't use the toilet, don't bathe, don't resolve fun/social needs, and basically stop being able to function. Adult left behind (with the "cheat" traits) do not appear to have this issue.
What do you expect to see? Normal sim behaviour even when not on active lot - going to the toilet/eat/whatever. It used to work normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch, 20 Nov (note, I haven't played in months. Only started it up again because I got Seasons)

I will say that since this problem happens on the home lot when I'm not there, I cannot say whether they're not taking care of their needs or their needs just keep decaying either way. I've not paid enough attention to say whether there are any changes to the environment in the meantime (objects moving/getting dirty etc). The child does go to her scout meetings and the teen has mood swings when left to AI control this way, so they don't get completely unplugged. But because of this bug I do have to need cheat constantly, which messes up their daily routine. When trying to resolve their failing needs without cheating, their grades end up suffering because they don't have time for homework.

It used to not be a problem leaving sims unattended for any period of time, but now I have to limit how much time I play without bringing the entire family along whenever I take the sims anywhere (which is problematic when taking them on dates etc), because there's a risk at least one of them will die if not on the active lot.

Only other family I've played since this patch are all vampires and don't really have any needs that decay, other than thirst, and since I normally take them hunting together I've not noticed this bug with them.

Message 36 of 67 (1,360 Views)

Re: Sims left at home do not take care of any needs

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you try if it works if you explicitly choose care for self again even if it's already chosen.

For toddlers it's a known issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 67 (1,348 Views)

★★★ Guide

Choosing "care for self" do seem to make them try to fill their needs, but if I don't manually set it their needs just keep going down. The problem doesn't seem to affect adult sims, at least not severe enough that I notice it.

Message 38 of 67 (1,312 Views)

Hero

hi @TheSteelRodent

thanks for checking. There is an open bug for having to choose care self manually so I merged your post with that

For the toddlers, see here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddler-not-being-taken-care-of-at-daycare-low-needs/m-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 67 (1,309 Views)

★★★ Guide

Cheers, I never found the old thread when I searched for this. Don't have any toddlers atm, but I may keep the link at hand in case it becomes an issue.

Message 40 of 67 (1,304 Views)