Re: Sim does not take care of self when other sim goes out.

by mimmisc

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having issues with this, I think since the latest patch. Clicking "care for self" works most of the times but it did not work at all while two sims went to granite falls and three stayed at home, unable to look after their needs. I've had less issues since two of three teens grew up and moved out. 

Message 61 of 67 (1,530 Views)

Hero
Is this still an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 67 (1,434 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The sims at home seem to be filling needs properly without clicking on the "care for self" option. However, they seem to fill in an unexpected order. What I mean is I've seen the Fun need, at green, fill automatically, then move to Bladder need, also at green, while the Energy bar is in low yellow. If you stay away long enough, it eventually fills the energy bar but I expected it to fill the lowest need first and proceed from there. Not sure that's it's from top to bottom all the time, I will do more testing.

Message 63 of 67 (11,806 Views)

Hero
@BlackjackWidow Thanks for testing.

Guess if it's the wrong order now, it's best to make a new thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 67 (1,405 Views)

★★★ Guide

I would say this is not fixed, even after 1.58.

Sims left at home are still near death with all needs at 0 when I return (if they're left long enough obviously). But, it looks like the problem is now isolated to the two original neighbourhoods, or just more dominant there, though I'd have to do a lot more testing than I care to in order to say for sure. At least the families I have in the newer neighbourhoods seem to be acting fairly normal, though they still refuse to go to bed if I'm not there watching over them, while the ones I have in the old neighbourhood more or less act like their free will is off whenever they're left home.

I even tried bulldozing the oldest house I still had in my game and built a new one, just in case it made a difference, but they still fail to take care of themselves.

Message 65 of 67 (1,153 Views)

Hero
@TheSteelRodent It was def fixed after the June patch but I see reports of it making a comeback

Could you create a new thread ?

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 66 of 67 (1,143 Views)

Message 67 of 67 (1,130 Views)