Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Care for Self for Sims at different lot not properly registering

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Spooky, Romantic Garden, and Perfect Patio Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a sim away from home lot. There must be another sim at the home lot. After a few in-game hours, return home. The sim that was at home should be hungry and need to use the bathroom.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims do not care for selves when I am not on my home lot.
What do you expect to see? Most, if not all, sims are uncomfortable due to low hunger and/or bladder. They should be caring for themselves but they are not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am not sure if anyone else is having this bug. I have removed the custom content I have installed but it did not fix the issue.

Message 21 of 67 (16,227 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim does not take care of self when other sim goes out.

Hero (Retired)

The sims at home seem to be filling needs properly without clicking on the "care for self" option. However, they seem to fill in an unexpected order. What I mean is I've seen the Fun need, at green, fill automatically, then move to Bladder need, also at green, while the Energy bar is in low yellow. If you stay away long enough, it eventually fills the energy bar but I expected it to fill the lowest need first and proceed from there. Not sure that's it's from top to bottom all the time, I will do more testing.

View in thread

Message 63 of 67 (11,735 Views)

All Replies

sims care for self not working

★★★ Apprentice

When my sim hangs out with a friend and the rest of my sims are at home
the sims at home are not caring for themselves like when the hunger is low etc, they won't take care of themselves, pretty buggy Frown 
anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 67 (16,200 Views)

Re: sims care for self not working

Champion (Retired)

Was any of their needs bar in the red?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 67 (16,186 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yeah the needs were red, when I click on my sim (who is home) the hunger bar was in the red and looked like didn't do anything 
the sim who was out went home and the sim whose hunger was red, still red 

do u think its a bug?

Message 3 of 67 (16,169 Views)
Highlighted

Why don't Sims Care for themselves?

★★★★ Novice

When I have another Sim that I want to leave a lot to go party or visit, the sims I leave on the lot are nearly dead when I finally get back. Almost all their stats are low and I have to quickly get some food in them and get them to bed. The dog is smelly and whines for attention. She even ran away once. What can I do to make sure they tend to their own needs? 

Message 4 of 67 (16,168 Views)

Re: Why don't Sims Care for themselves?

Champion (Retired)

@knitsybitsy

This seems a bit weird. The "care for self" action should be activated automatically. But when you're away with one sim and hover over the picture of a sim that is home, there is a little lighting-symbol that says "care for self"?

There is previously a problem with the pets not really being cared for while playing another household, maybe this is the same issue for them, I don't know if it was fixed or not...

But for the sims.. I mean their needs might not be top-notch and like "school ready" when I usually get back, but they're not in the red.

Did this work before? Do you have any mods in your game?

Message 5 of 67 (16,152 Views)

Champion (Retired)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/sims-care-for-self-not-working/m-p/6531054#M105787

Another person also has this problem yesterday, maybe it's a new bug.. :O

Message 6 of 67 (16,145 Views)

Hero

Hi @awesomesim666

where did the other Sims go while away ? There seems to be an issue with the vet lot.

Other than that, I have that from time to time but for me it works to just actively choose the Care for self option on the the portraits (like it's not selected properly but if you select it manually, it works)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 67 (16,151 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Do you have any Mods or CC installed?
If so remove it and try the game without.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 67 (16,139 Views)

Hero

@knitsybitsy Merged your post with the one @CMeki linked.

There's a few very specific threads in the bug forum with similar issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 67 (16,140 Views)