Re: Unable to select "Take Vacation"

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Cannot take Vacation Day

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I have a Sim who can’t take a vacation day from the Tech Career level 7 as an eGamer and he cannot call out sick. He can only play hooky, which his boss replies “you don’t sound seek to me and see you soon” or call out fake sick. He is really sick.
Message 31 of 38 (1,776 Views)

Re: Cannot take Vacation Day

★★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

Just to add more information... Same issue here.

I have a family of three sims (two adults, one baby) and both adults could not take a day off.

One of them is a Medic (from Get To Work) and other is a Critic Reviewer.

Note: I don't use any MODS or any modification in the game.

Message 32 of 38 (1,731 Views)

Only Lifeguard Can't Use Vacation Days

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EPO5:1.assests.ml-EPO5.134
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Have every single one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Would expect it in normal gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Lifeguard has no option to use vacation days even though they have plenty
What do you expect to see? Being able to use up vacation days
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Ive played a 8 sim household and had one of the sims a lifeguard, I noticed it then but never used the days anyway so it was whatever, that was before I used any CC, dont know why the lifeguard cant use any but all the other ones look like they can, havent went through them all, just the one the teens are able to do.

Message 33 of 38 (1,609 Views)

Unable to select "Take Vacation"

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None, just Base Game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Under the Cell Phone Menu for travelling.
What happens when the bug occurs? My SIMS have accrued vacation days available under the Career/work info menu. But they can't redeem them anymore because the option is now translucent and unclickable for all of them under the Cell Phone menu.
What do you expect to see? "Take vacation" should be available to click on, not a clear un-clickable option. I was able to select this prior to the update.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 10 update

SIMs can't take vacation anymore. 

Message 34 of 38 (1,582 Views)

Hero
@Itao80 Merged your post with existing thread

What career is your Sim in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 38 (1,570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi- One SIM is a chef, another is an athlete. 

Message 36 of 38 (1,564 Views)

Hero
@Itao80 Thanks for the info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 38 (1,558 Views)

Hero

The following careers have added the “Take Vacation Day” option, yay!

○ Gardener (Seasons)
○ Military (Strangerville)
○ Lifeguard for Teens and Conservationist (Island Living)
○ Law, Education, and Engineer (Discover University)
○ Civil Designer (Eco Lifestyle).

Editor Russkii note: I didn’t want to add each line in each pack for this fix, it would have looked weird and robotic so that is why I chose to do one bullet point for all in this section.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

This has been fixed for several careers now. If you have issues with any other, please create a new thread, stating which one you still have issues with

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 38 (11,452 Views)