Re: Cannot take Vacation Day

by randwick78

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I don’t know cuz I never had her go on vacation lol she finally got sick for the first time before she was going to age up so I had her call out the day before this happened and then I noticed it saying there was nowhere for vacation for work. 
Will test this out on another teen that I have and see if it still happens even on an adult too.

Message 11 of 38 (2,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SweetVeggieAmai I can duplicate it for the life guard career. Could be others. Moving this back but it would be good to know which careers are actually affected.

I tested all teen careers and the only one I had issues with was Life Guard

That pack wasn't out when the thread was created though .. so not sure what other careers could be affected.

Tagging @Irene346823 again in hopes of an answer.

EDIT: Adult Lifeguard is fine for me too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 38 (1,974 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Cannot take Vacation Day

I was having my children stay home one day and one was able to take a vacation day but the option didn't even show up for my other one even though she has 3 vacation days available.

Message 13 of 38 (1,918 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  currently having this issue in the Conservationist career. I was only able to take a day off when the "go to work or work from home or take PTO" menu popped up an hour before her scheduled shift. 

Message 14 of 38 (1,902 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue in a household where one, the detective has 9 vacation days and can request days off, but the professor who has 7 days can not.

Message 15 of 38 (1,820 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have experienced this bug too and I think something in the Strangerville investigation is triggering it. I started a new game and everything was fine until I got to Strangerville and they started dropping off again. First I thought it might be a mod I was using, but when I removed them all and went through the investigation on an old save where I hadn't ever used mods, it happened again during the investigation. 

Message 16 of 38 (1,758 Views)

Hero
@randwick78 What career is your Sim in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 38 (1,737 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict
Astronaut, critic, painter and secret agent. They all now have vacations back now, which is great.
I had sent some sims to university from that household and played them for a few days before I went back to the original household just now. When I went back to a save where they all did not have vacations as an option and split the same sims off again it didn't do anything though. I can't think of anything else unusual that I did between saves.
Message 18 of 38 (1,704 Views)

Hero
@randwick78 Maybe just a hiccup then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 38 (1,694 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Cannot take Vacation Day

★ Apprentice
@Irene346823 This has been driving me crazy and I see that this was posted in February 2018 and it is now April 2020
Message 20 of 38 (1,579 Views)