Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cannot take Vacation Day

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Fitness
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open career tab in the Sims' phone menu
What happens when the bug occurs? Option to take Vacation Day from school or work no longer appears for kids/teens and most adults
What do you expect to see? Option to Take Vacation Day should appear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. February 6 patch

Having new issue I believe has just arisen since I installed the latest patch. My Sims no longer have the option to take a Vacation Day through their phones. I first noticed it with children and teens not being able to take Vacation Day from school or their part-time jobs. but many adults throughout multiple households also no longer have the option to take a Vacation Day. 'Take Family Leave' and 'Call in Fake Sick' options still present, but not Vacation Day. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 38 (21,156 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to select "Take Vacation"

Hero

The following careers have added the “Take Vacation Day” option, yay!

○ Gardener (Seasons)
○ Military (Strangerville)
○ Lifeguard for Teens and Conservationist (Island Living)
○ Law, Education, and Engineer (Discover University)
○ Civil Designer (Eco Lifestyle).

Editor Russkii note: I didn’t want to add each line in each pack for this fix, it would have looked weird and robotic so that is why I chose to do one bullet point for all in this section.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

This has been fixed for several careers now. If you have issues with any other, please create a new thread, stating which one you still have issues with

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 38 of 38 (11,186 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cannot take Vacation Day

[ Edited ]
Hero

Have you tried repairing your game yet and tested a new save to see if it's isolated to the save or also occurring in a fresh one ?

Tested this and having no issues on my saves. It doesn't appear though if they don't have to go to school/work the next day. Are you checking the right tab (just to be sure)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (21,076 Views)

Hero
Tagging @Irene346823 for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 38 (21,025 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 38 (20,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I actually just encountered this problem. I’m in a save with only a teen no adults and she called for vacation day off school but there was no option for work despite her having 9 days of vacation. There is only “Call in “sick” to school”, and the rest of the other normal options like check scholarship, sit in skill class etc are there. It’s a Friday 6pm which is during her shift. I made her not go to work cuz it’s summer vacation but it just won’t give her any options for her to call out and they are calling her to work. The only option I see is under Travel “take a vacation” but I don’t want her to go to those two locations. 

edit: Included shots and I have tried to exit lot and come back as well as restart the game. I’m about to repair my game (yet again) and see if this fixes it. So far I’m just having so many problems since I installed university. I may as well wait months to come back and play. I don’t use any CC or Mods. 

Message 5 of 38 (19,503 Views)

Hero
@SweetVeggieAmai Does it work if you do it BEFORE her shift starts ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 38 (19,489 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Nope. I did it in the morning before her going to school which I was able to ask for the vacation for school but not for the job. Then I tried 1 hour before job. Then at the time the job was happening (which is when I took the picture) and still nothing.
Message 7 of 38 (19,463 Views)

Hero

Tested this on my game with a teen only household and I have it show up fine.

What career is your teen in ?

01-01-20_1-19-42 PM.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 38 (19,431 Views)

★ Guide

She’s a life guard. The third promotion or whatnot. 

Message 9 of 38 (19,403 Views)

Hero
@SweetVeggieAmai Where you able to get them before you leveled up ?

Could you test if it works if you switch careers ? Retail worked fine for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 38 (19,376 Views)