Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cannot load dishwasher when stuff is on the counter

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get an empty plate or bowl, place a dishwasher in a counter and then place the empty plate on that same counter. you cannot use the "load dishwasher" interaction unless you move the empty plate to another counter or table.
What happens when the bug occurs? The interaction to load the dishwasher is greyed out when an empty plate is placed on top
What do you expect to see? Loading the dishwasher interaction still working.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

noticed first on the lot in Brindleton Bay called Domus Familiaris but has been tested on other lots. All 3 dishwashers that are available are affected. you cannot use the interaction when an empty plate is on top of the counter where the dishwasher is, moving the plate, it works as intended. Here is a video to illustrate the issue: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G4reNUZ_YuL5QUOr4FV_ndDaWdB9yXNz

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (2,993 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Cannot load dishwasher when plate is on the counter

Hero

Empty plates left on the counter will no longer have the “Load Dishwasher” option greyed out. Honestly, this was the universe telling you that you probably shouldn’t use the dishwasher for one plate, but you’re welcome.

Fixed in Patch 1.70.84/ 1.37

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

There's also this thread you can use for tiny houses: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Routing-issues-with-dishwashers-in-tiny-houses/m-p/9510673

There might still be other issues so please add a screenshot of your setup if you have further issues and make a new report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (2,284 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Cannot load dishwasher when plate is on the counter

Hero (Retired)

I had a similar issue but it was a cup placed over the dishwasher. The Sims would not clean up the cup at all. The dishwasher still worked though .

Message 2 of 7 (2,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

added

@PoptartJuniper  That sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Sims-can-t-wash-dishes-on-shelves/td-p/7427122/ ?

Or what do you mean by over the dishwasher ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (2,882 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The cup was sitting on the counter over the dishwasher. The sims will clean all the other dishes and ignore the one on the counter above the dishwasher. The shelf thing happens on PS4 also though. When my Sims stop cleaning dishes up, I have to go find the plate on the shelf for them to resume.

Message 4 of 7 (2,868 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks for clearing that up. Could be connected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (2,866 Views)

Just wanted to add my two cents, as I have a variation on this bug. Couldn't figure out for the life of me why my child sim would pick up all the plates and continuously set them down instead of putting them in the dishwasher, and even the load dishwasher interaction was failing. I had a coffeemaker on the counter the dishwasher was in, moved that and voila, the child sim can now use the dishwasher again. I've had no issues with teen and up using the dishwasher with the coffeemaker there, just child sims.

Message 6 of 7 (2,682 Views)

Hero

Empty plates left on the counter will no longer have the “Load Dishwasher” option greyed out. Honestly, this was the universe telling you that you probably shouldn’t use the dishwasher for one plate, but you’re welcome.

Fixed in Patch 1.70.84/ 1.37

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

There's also this thread you can use for tiny houses: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Routing-issues-with-dishwashers-in-tiny-houses/m-p/9510673

There might still be other issues so please add a screenshot of your setup if you have further issues and make a new report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (2,285 Views)