Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cannot cancel hiking and jogging

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My teenage Sim is camping in Granite Falls.
What happens when the bug occurs? When he is hiking or jogging and I cancel it, he won't stop for a long time and often insists to return to the center of the lot. I know that this was different before. I could always interrupt hiking or jogging immediately to harvest plants.
What do you expect to see? My Sim cancelling the action immediately.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is my first visit in GF since Cats & Dogs.

Message 1 of 17 (2,167 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Cannot cancel hiking and jogging

★★★★ Pro

Jogging looks also fixed. I made 3 tests - from my home lot in Windenburg, from the park in WC and finally starting at the fitness club in WC. I was always able to interrupt jogging immediately without my Sim running back to the starting point. However, when I gave him the command to jog again, he first ran back to the starting point of the active lot, but I believe this was always so.

View in thread

Message 14 of 17 (2,304 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] [OR] Cannot cancel hiking and jogging in Granite Falls

★★★★ Pro

I did some further testing in Granite Falls:

Jogging: Before the Sim starts to jog he will go to a starting point at the active lot (for example the camping ground). If you cancel the action he will jog back to this place no matter how long the distance is and then stop. I don't know if this happens in other worlds too because I have been playing in San Myshuno in the last weeks and normally don't jog.

Hiking: This is really bad. Sometimes near the camping ground you can cancel hiking. But in the great forest your Sim will hike forever around the map. The crossed out hiking symbol stays in your action queue. The only possibility to stop this is to reset the Sim.

I tried "repair game" but it didn't help.

Message 2 of 17 (2,093 Views)

Hero

I have been able to duplicate it. I'll add on the next round.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 17 (2,091 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Great, thank you Standard smile

Message 4 of 17 (2,092 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The jogging bug happens also in other towns like Oasis Springs.

Message 5 of 17 (2,071 Views)

★ Pro

The issues with cancelling jogging isn't exclusive to Granite Falls.  I had a sim jogging in San Myshuno Park.  He started in the area where sims arrive on the lot.  He had gone down the steps and along the path past the bar area when I decided to cancel the action to have him talk to a sim approaching him.  Instead of stopping the action, he turned around, jogged all the way back to his starting point then turned around and headed back the way he had just come from.  He totally bypassed the sim I had queued him to talk to and ran to the spot where I had first seen her approaching and tried to cancel the jogging.  He stopped and then waved to the air as if the sim should have still been there.

With a different family living in the Domus Familiaris house in BB, I sent one of the sims jogging.  When she was next to the dog park I tried to cancel jogging and have her travel to the dog park.  She turned around and jogged all the way back to the starting point and then travelled.

In short, cancelling jogging doesn't appear to have even close to a timely reaction.  I am playing a vanilla game in English with all released content installed.

Message 6 of 17 (2,058 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (2,016 Views)

★ Guide

I cannot cancel jogging.. didnt try hiking.. Bought fitness stuff and bowling stuff tonight... Cant stop playing bowling too.. I click to cancel and the sim keeps playing til I reset him! No mods here

Message 8 of 17 (1,953 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Unfortunately no secret fix for jogging in the patch. If hiking is the main action in the upcoming Jungle GP, the EA team should consider this bug.

Message 9 of 17 (1,918 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@PaNDiee After reading your post I sent my Sim to the Bowling Center and had no problems to cancel bowling. Perhaps this bug has different forms for everyone?

The problem with jogging is that the Sim will briefly stop and then insist to jog home, no matter where he is. This could also be a new feature to make sure that the always jogging restaurant guests and waiters return to their tables ...

Message 10 of 17 (1,910 Views)