[FIXED] Cannot Merge Same Household Into Itself Anymore

by JFuzz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cannot Merge Same Household Into Itself Anymore

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Up until this last update, the game allowed me to merge a household into itself again in CAS, allowing for carbon copy twins. Post update, when you go to merge the same household into itself the game does not do so, it processes but the merge doesn't go through. Attempting to merge other sims into the family works. Is this currently broken, or was this feature removed completely?  

Message 1 of 12 (1,144 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Merge Same Household Into Itself Anymore

★★★ Guide

For me the issue seems to be solved now.

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (1,025 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Don't know.

Are you using and mods ? Did you try if it works on a fresh user folder just for testing purposes to make sure it's not some corrupt file issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,112 Views)

★ Novice

I'm only using CAS mods aka Make-up, Clothing, and Hair in my game. Tried removing all of my CC and tray and duplicating a fresh sim via the same methods, and no go. It's only merging different sims together in one household and not the same or a prior version of that sim. Thankfully that's the biggest thing that I'm having problems with. 

Message 3 of 12 (1,085 Views)

Hero

I've added but it might be on purpose since there were issues if you had the same Sim in your game twice.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,081 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@JFuzz wrote:

Up until this last update, the game allowed me to merge a household into itself again in CAS, allowing for carbon copy twins. Post update, when you go to merge the same household into itself the game does not do so, it processes but the merge doesn't go through. Attempting to merge other sims into the family works. Is this currently broken, or was this feature removed completely?  

Hi JFuzz,

I just started a test game to see if I could find a workaround for you, and I have found a way to get the "cloning" behavior to work.   Place a copy of the household in town.    Create a second household and place that separately in town.   You can then merge the two using Household Management.   I have confirmed that this will work.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Since it is impossible to rename a sim after it has been placed in the world, you need to rename one of the copies of the sims prior to placing them in town.  Otherwise, the names will be duplicated as well.

I hope this helps.

Message 5 of 12 (1,064 Views)

Can't merge two households

★★★★★ Novice

I have made a bunch of sims individually and I want to merge them into a household.

But suddenly I discovered I can't - the sim from the second household was cloned from the first one, but she has a different name and the structure of her face was very heavily edited. The game still won't let me merge the households...

- oh right, possibly the same bug, I can't place multiple instances of the same sim into a household, why is this??? I do this frequently because I usually edit sims from a saved base rather than from a randomly generated sim.

Message 6 of 12 (1,043 Views)

Re: Can't merge two households

Hero

@LulubelleApple Merged your thread.

I'm unsure if this is a bug or something they simply changed because it wasn't working well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (1,038 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

...any chance they can change that back?

I can't even merge my sim into the family if I turn my other sim into a male child :/ just how many changes does it take until the game doesn't think of the sim as the "same" sim.

Message 8 of 12 (1,028 Views)

Hero

I just know that stuff got messed up because of duplicate things but I don't know if this is on purposes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,023 Views)

Hero

@JFuzz Could you check if this is still an issue for you ? There are several patch notes concerning this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (990 Views)