Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't take photos with the photo studio in basements

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except "my first pet stuff"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a basement photo studio with a pre-made living room set (I used Glamor pack room in blue) and have the model stand on the marker. Try to take a photo on the tripod on marker and get closer with either arrow or letter keys to get a better "artsy" shot.
What happens when the bug occurs? I created a living room in my basement (vintage glamor living room with fireplace, blue color) and went to take a photo of the model next to the mirror, coffee table, chair. When I go into taking the picture with the tripod it shows the room at a distance. As soon as I start to move the camera toward the model, the camera jumps up to the first floor. It will not allow me to go down/back to the basement with the arrow keys or the letter keys (q,w,a,d, s,e). It will allow me to go up to the second floor. Camera works just fine on 1st floor for photo shoots.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to take a picture in the room without the camera jumping up a floor level.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Photo 08-15-19_9-56-05PM is the room set up. 08-15-19_10-00-30pm is the first view with first pose given and didnt move camera. When I move camera to get closer, it auto jumps to the floor above. Photo 08-15-19_10-01-23pm is the first floor camera jump. It will not allow me to go down but will allow me to go up.

Message 1 of 8 (2,997 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: MOSCHINO camera tripod movement sends me upstairs

Hero

Tripods placed on floors other than 1, 2, or 3, should no longer cause the camera to change floors

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (2,564 Views)

All Replies

MOSCHINO camera tripod movement sends me upstairs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Idk the current one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs All game packs apart from spa day and strangerville Luxury party Perfect patio Cool kitchen Kids room Vintage glamour Bowling night Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a basement set up the photography equipment from moschino then click on tripod to take a photo and once in try to move the camera either forwards or backwards
What happens when the bug occurs? Once you try to move either forward or backwards you instantly appear upstairs. You can then move around normally and look down the stairs. But you can’t get back to the basement to continue the shoot unless you click the cross then go take photo again.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to move the camera forward and backwards without appearing upstairs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 2 of 8 (2,918 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @taylorcheal!!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to raise this issue to us! We appreciate your help a lot! High five
If you don't mind, you can hit the 'Me Too' button on this report as it seems to be the same issue that you experience.
This way, we keep all similar issues in one place which makes it easier for our team to keep track. Wink

Thanks a million and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 8 (2,892 Views)

Community Manager
Hello there, when two bug reports/threads of the same topic occurs my spidey sense tingle ^^. I jest, but I have merged these two threads together to help keep all information on this bug in the one space. I'll take my leave now 😂.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 8 (2,886 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, I’ve clicked me too as well. I did try to see if anyone else was having the same issue as me before posting but couldn’t find anything 😂

Message 5 of 8 (2,879 Views)

Community Manager

It's no problem at all @taylorcheal. I've done it myself before only to discover there's already a thread made on it. These things happen. Wink

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 8 (2,877 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't take photos with the photo studio in basements

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this problem too, but I actually caught it on video. The camera shoots to ground level when I try and move it. However, I have discovered another possible answer to help as well. The photography does work in my DEEP basement where I have a whole movie studio built (you can kinda see it in the video). The reason it works is because that level of the basement (three floors down with no floor between them) is set to maximum wall height, while the section with my studio is set to medium wall height. So that may play another factor. Anyways, you want proof this happens, watch the video: https://youtu.be/ZIhPWeR8_nk 

I recorded the video exactly for bug reporting and it is unlisted so you can only view it through the link but I showcase this bug multiple times in the video so devs can see it in action.

I have since built a studio on one of my balconies to alleviate this problem for now, and as I said before discovered that it works if the area at least is tall or has no roof. I should also note that I literally JUST realized you can move the camera up or down and didn't test this at the time of recording to see if it affects anything, but I have tested it now, and it causes the same problem (Q/E on keyboard sends you through the floor). Regardless this bug is annoying and I hope that video helps answer some questions about what's going on a little bit.

Message 7 of 8 (2,840 Views)

Hero

Tripods placed on floors other than 1, 2, or 3, should no longer cause the camera to change floors

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,565 Views)