[FIXED] Can't save/move because game thinks a Sim is aging up

by creamanda

Original Post

Re: Age up glitch in sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruNick wrote:

Is this still occurring for anyone? Thanks!

I am still having this Sims 4 aging Glitch in June 2018. Have you found a solution to it yet that you could share? I'm having a hard time progressing through the game because it keeps getting this aging glitch.

please share any solution you've found.

@LadyAelswith wrote:

Yes, its still happening. But I've noticed that this bug happens when their is a sim close to your lot that is ageing up.

I know you were having this problem in April, 2017. I am having the same Sims 4 age up issue in June 2018. Have you found a solution to this glitch that you could share? I would love to hear if you've found a solution as I have been searching and haven't found any.

Thanks

@SimGuruNick wrote:

@LadyAelswith Would you happen to have a save of right before this issue has occurred? We've been unable to reproduce it recently. Thanks much!

It usually happens randomly and when you can't find a solution - you have to exit the game without saving and this loses your progress. I try to save as much as I can but still get stuck with this glitch and lose a lot of data. I've lost a lot of sims babies that I couldn't get back due to this glitch. 

have you found a solution yet? I'm curious if anything you've tried has worked yet. Could you please share Standard smile ?

@LadyAelswith wrote:

Unfortunately not. This happened a while ago and i have no saves up to that point, my apologises.

Have you found a solution yet? Could you please share if you did? It would be super helpful to me and the other people still having this glitch in June 2018.

@crinrict wrote:

HI @TricityMorte

could you try repairing the game through Origin ?

Does the same happen if you start a new save for testing purposes ?

I have tried this and it has not fixed the issue. I see that your comment was posted quite some time ago. Have you found a solution to this Age up problem yet? I'm still having this glitch in 2018 June.

@TricityMorte wrote:
Hello! Actually, I think I did figure out the cause. I started a test game and it happened again. While trying to play around with some of the controls, it said something like “This function can not be used when a sim is aging up.” I have auto aging turned off for the sim I’m playing. I’m not sure how to fix this.

I am not either. I'm having the same issue. I know it's frustrating! Have you found a solution or managed to find a workaround? 

Could you please share your wisdom Standard smile - it would be super helpful to those of us still frustrated by this glitch in June 2018.

@crinrict wrote:

@TricityMorte

merged your post then

Has anyone messaged you with a solution or an update to this problem? I'm curious because I'm having the same glitch in June 2018 - I see your comment was posted in November.

could you please share if you found a solution?

Edited by EA_Mai: to remove double posting

Message 151 of 207 (2,146 Views)

Can't Save or Build due to character ageing!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none. operating vanilla sims 4
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to raise a child in game.
What happens when the bug occurs? After having a child and the child ages to a toddler you are no longer able to save or build as an error says something like "You cannot do this while sim is ageing up". All game progress is lost. Unable to save or build effectively breaks the game and makes playing pointless.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to SAVE or BUILD in my game and not lose all progress.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have searched on other forums with people discussing this ageing issue preventing them from saving. I have tried many of their potential "fixes" as well as waiting it out to no accord. People have recommended turning off auto ageing, or manually ageing a sim up. I have attempted to do all of those "fixes" and all of which have failed.  Having sims age is essentially part of the game.  This bug essentially breaks the entire game and renders it completely useless.  How is anyone suppose to play this game. The fact that it is now 2018 and I believe I have seen posts of this error since 2014 and it still hasn't been fixed is a complete joke. Fix your game please. 

Message 152 of 207 (2,133 Views)

Re: Can't Save or Build due to character ageing!

★★★ Newbie

I lost 8 hours of gameplay to this bug. EA, please get on this. It wouldn't let me save, so I thought exiting to menu might go back to an autosave... 

Spoiler: It reverted back to the original save from when I initially gave up on this game in 2015.

Message 153 of 207 (2,107 Views)

★★★★ Novice

8th June.  I have this problem as well.  No-one in the household was aging up but the build mode, manage worlds etc was greyed out so I knew someone somewhere was aging up (this has happened frequently in my game).  This time it lasted for about ten sim hours but if it doesn't fix itself the only solution I've found is to completely exit and load the last save.

I have some custom content (downloaded a few lots), no mods and I don't know when this glitch started happening.  It nearly always occurs when random sims are aging up - not those in my household.  The length of time the bug lasts varies as well.

Message 154 of 207 (2,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Just had this happen, the game would not age up whoever it was that was supposed to age up. Went into CAS to try and solve and when I exited, the game had set back to four days earlier and all progress was lost. This really bites! I'd send the save but, it's impossible to save when it happens and my game reset so far back I doubt if it would happen again. Somebody suggested going into manage worlds, well that option was also disabled as was opening the gallery, as if I wanted to do that. This has happened before, but usually the aging up happens quickly. Now I have to rebuild this house, grumble grumble! Jeez, it happened on Sunday and now my game says it's Wednesday. Wow, not too happy!

Edit: I've had this weird resetting back to an earlier time issue before without the aging up problem although it happens during a loading screen, usually when leaving an event. SO maybe the aging thing kicks in and then turns off because the game resets. Something else weird - tonight after my game reset, while the house had returned to it's former state, and my sim had lost all job promotions, the computer in the game had stayed, the one that you receive in the writing career for getting a promotion to level two. If the house had fully reset, then the computer should have also. Prior to getting that computer, my sim had been using the respecteron midrange computer. Weird.

I just noticed some other weird stuff and I think I'm just going to scrap this game and start new. I think a game repair is in order also and while the night is shot anyways, I'll check my drivers for updates. Not exactly how I had planned my evening.

Edit: And on a new game, I now have a vampire breaking in... Somewhere. And I have the same problem, cannot save, cannot go into build/buy, cannot go into the gallery and cannot go into manage worlds and I am definitely not going into CAS because I've been there, and while I did save this earlier, I am not going to lose progress because of somebody's lousy programming. I will just let it run as eventually that vampire is going to leave. Again, the save will not do any good as it was done before any vampire even showed up on any lot.

Message 155 of 207 (1,966 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks to a mod (MCCC) all vampires were "encouraged" to leave the neighbourhood and the problem cleared up. I guess the only way to fix the "birthday" problem would be to encourage all sims who are just walking around and "aging up" to leave also. The next time this happens with aging up, I will try it, it's better than losing progress.

Message 156 of 207 (1,943 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Right now this is happening in my game. No Mods No CC (Ever). This is a new Sims folder generated after update to Origin. The Origin update originally failed (do not recall error message) and after moving Sims folder I started fresh save with new/unplayed Sim. Settings for aging off for active household and short lifespan for the rest. My Sim lives alone with only bare necessities. Staying at same lot with no traveling allowed. After 3 Sim weeks I attempted to save but all the options to save/use build mode/map view/gallery are greyed out. Turned on testing cheats and reset every Sim in the immediate area. My Sim was not set to age so it was not him. Was going to try baking cake and age up a passing Sim except No stove/oven. Have been saving periodically but not recent enough to want to sacrifice progress. There are no last exception files at this point.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 157 of 207 (1,875 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Decided to throw caution to the wind and take drastic measures. He had a cowplant on the lot so had him eat the cake twice.

Before eating the second cake I used testing cheats to add a random Sim to the household. My hope was to preserve the save and bring him back to life.

Grim collected his soul the other Sim tried pleading and no luck. And still everything was locked. Had the second Sim get eaten by Cowplant leaving noone on the lot and the only option was return to main menu and not able to save.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 158 of 207 (1,856 Views)

I'm stuck in the game.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
I want to talk about something you don't mention above:
How accessible is the current experience? It's useless to me
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. Nothing is difficult about the game, but there's a bug.
How is this making it more difficult? I can't travel, change my sim, enter build mode, manage worlds, or open the gallery.
How can we reproduce this experience? Not sure, it just randomly happens sometimes. I'm pretty much stuck in the game, I can't do anything except exit without saving.

I want this bug to be fixed. It's been saying that a "Sim is aging up" for several sim days. 

Message 159 of 207 (1,828 Views)

Re: I'm stuck in the game.

Hero

@Jannasyn

Merged your post with current bug report on the issue.

There's a few suggestions in this thread you can try

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 160 of 207 (1,804 Views)