by katekote

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Can't save/move because game thinks a Sim is aging up

★★★ Newbie

Me too

Message 191 of 207 (1,330 Views)

★ Novice

I found a way to fix the problem. Go round the world and click on all of the sims, resetting them. Eventually, the game will go back to normal. That's what I did.

Message 192 of 207 (1,288 Views)

★ Novice
Im having the same problem and i have it often. I couldnt tell you how many hours of time i have wasted because of this bug, and i`m getting to the point where i just don`t want to play the game at all anymore. I have been playing my current save all day (i have literally no life) and i am going to have to quit without saving. probably 6 hours of progress.. GONE... Last time i saved I had 2 adults (who were sisters) and both sisters had a kid. Both sisters died of old age and i moved one kid out. The girl that i chose to carry on the legacy is now married and her and her husband have a kid. She was a TODDLER last time i saved now i have to go back to that. If this isnt fixed SOON like in a month or two im done with this game.
Message 193 of 207 (1,201 Views)

Re: stuck on aging up

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, and i have tried reseting all my sims, and i can't age up my Toddlers now, I NEED HELP!!!

Message 194 of 207 (1,167 Views)

Re: Bug? Sim traped on birthday!

★★★ Newbie
I have tried resetting, I will have to wait for my sims to auto age, but i need to move them out.
Message 195 of 207 (1,166 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Just to update this thread -

We have plans to address this in a future update, but due to the complexity of the issue, it will take some time.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 196 of 207 (1,153 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yup, me too. It happens so often that I can no longer play with aging on. Some random NPC always seems to get stuck on aging, and I can't find them to fix it, so I lose a ton of progress and ragequit the game.
Message 197 of 207 (1,113 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is kind of joke, right? This game is 3 years old and you started fixing MAJOR issue only NOW?

I can bet that there will be no fix for this, but new Sims 5 release with the same bug. SIC!

Message 198 of 207 (1,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Easiest way I found to fix this, when you load up your game, do NOT select the household you are having issues with to play. Simply select a household and wait a small while until the sims in your normal household has aged. If the household you are currently playing knows the sims that are aging up, look in the relationships tab and wait for the sim to display the age that they are growing into. Then switch to them.

Message 199 of 207 (1,060 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

"This is kind of joke, right?"  There are no words how i could say this better myself. This is by very far the most expensive game i have ever owned. It is now almost 4 years old and so is this thread.

With that in mind having such a game breaking bug still in the game for which you actively sell content for is a bigger slap in the face of every consumer than any other battlefield press debacle can possibly be.

Not only did i have this issue multiple times with aging up now it also happened with adoption as well. So this save game that i spend 100+ hours on , and for that matter the game in general is pretty much trash unless i manually save every 5 mins.

I am by no means a stranger to playing early access titles, betas or mods. From the bethesda games to arma mods, you name it and I've probably done it.

Yet this is the worst and ironically the most expensive experience I have ever had. Angry

And this is definitely not a helpful post, but in a thread where the general consensus is that there's nothing that can be done that hardly matters anyway.

Message 200 of 207 (992 Views)