Re: [OPEN] Can't save/move because game thinks a Sim is aging up

by mimmisc

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

This just started happening to me two days ago. I've tried everything suggested in this thread - and now I'm repairing my game to see if that fixes it - but nothing seems to work. I took out all my mods and cc and it still kept happening. I'm rather frustrated that the first time this was reported was FOUR YEARS AGO, and still a bug fix hasn't been put in motion to stop it from reoccurring.

Message 181 of 207 (1,414 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice
Gah, had this issue today aswell. I let a day pass, aged a sim up, tried to reset them all. Eventually I just shut it down. Sucks to loose hours of play for something that really should be fixed by now.
Message 182 of 207 (1,352 Views)

Re: Age up glitch in sims 4

★★ Apprentice

Same issue.  In the end I resolved to losing hours of progress and reloaded the game to its last save point which fixed it, but all my trained vets are gone!  I know I had them all at level 5 when I last saved, so where did all my trained vets go? Frown 

Message 183 of 207 (1,342 Views)

★ Apprentice
This just happened to me and fortunately, I saw your message, and took each of the sims into CAS separately and it worked. Thank you very much.
Message 184 of 207 (1,237 Views)

★ Novice

It took me forever to find this thread! Thought I was the only one.

This is my first Sims game and I've only played it twice so far. 

Child Sim aged to a teen and now is unable to do homework, but it can be placed in the world. Neither adult nor teen can plan social events, plan outfits, and I cannot save the game. When scrolling over those options it says, "You cannot do this while a Sim is aging."

Message 185 of 207 (1,197 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This post started in 2014. i have had it happen 3 times in the last 2 days. can some pleas fix it already because all the little options like changing life span and stuff that that don't work and while i can wait out a toddlers ageing i can not wait out his fathers adult age.

Message 186 of 207 (1,167 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Alas the only thing I could do about my vet sims being lost was to use the MCCC mod to force spawn them on my lot so I could use the mod to find their locations (one was a townie so I had to put him in a house in the game), then I switched to their households and used a Hire Certain Employees Vet mod by LittleMsSam to activate them as looking for work and rehired them again.  Luckily they still had their skills and promotion level so I didn't have to go through all that mess again of retraining, but they were all listed as Neutral instead of Very Satisfied so I had to interact with them on a daily basis by disallowing customers as soon as I opened shop and giving them all praises and inspirational speeches before allowing customers since as soon as a customer entered the property and signed in they would immediately make a beeline to that customer and I couldn't interact with them anymore.  Haven't had any further issues of aging sims locking the game up since but I'm not holding my breath and making sure to save regularly.

Message 187 of 207 (1,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You can try to load up a save from before that, it will make a new save game so if it doesn't work you can always just delete the new one and go back to the original one
Message 188 of 207 (1,068 Views)

★ Novice

I went to the island on Windeburg and sudddeny couldn’t go home because a sim is aging up. Can’t acces CAS, reset my sim but didn’t work. Only 1 sim in household. No mods. No NPCs on island. Turned aging options off and changed sim lifespan in options, no change. Waited 7 days in game (cheated sim needs) and still can’t move. “Go home” button doesn’t work. Can’t go to any events which pop up. Can’t go into any households on the island. Really am stuck and will lose loads of progress if I exit. Never encounted this before Seasons installed.

:0(

Message 189 of 207 (1,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've had my game get stuck in this state a few times now.

I don't believe it was caused by any of the sims in my active household.

My age settings are as follows:

Auto Age (Played Sims): Yes
Auto Age (Unplayed Sims): Yes
Sim Lifespan: Normal

I also have a hunch that it might be related to Vet Clinic employees since it only started happening after I bought this business, and I had already played for a LONG time without this issue ever occurring.

Message 190 of 207 (981 Views)