Re: Age up stuck and won't save or allow build

by bozepetra

Original Post

Aging up preventing saving

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time I play the game I can’t save or enter build/buy mode because it says a sim is aging up. There are no sims aging up!!!
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t save and I lose progress!
What do you expect to see? I would hope to save/build in the game. There are also last exception files in the electronic arts folder. They appear when I try to save the game, they don’t seem to appear before that.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time I try to enter build mode/save game it won’t allow me to due to the game thinking a sim is aging up. There are no sims aging up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I enter the game. I’ve restarted my computer, origin, the save file, each of these several times. Every time it thinks a sim is aging up There are also last exception files in the electronic arts folder. Every time I delete it comes back when the game is trying to be saved but can’t due to it saying a sim aging up.
What do you expect to see? I hope to save the game or enter build/buy mode. There are no sims aging up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch and now it’s not working

i have tried restarting everything from origin, to the save file, to the computer. I have reset sims to ensure they weren’t glitched. Nothing is working. Help please!

Message 161 of 207 (914 Views)

Re: Aging up preventing saving

Hero

Hi @sportgal62

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 162 of 207 (901 Views)

aging up

★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens randomly.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game won't let me build, save, or travel because it says a sim is aging up. Its not a sim in my household and i have waited for a few sims days but it doesn't go away.
What do you expect to see? Being able to save, build, or travel freely.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have mods and cc turned off.

Message 163 of 207 (869 Views)

Re: aging up

Hero
@moebeana

Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 164 of 207 (862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It happened to me, too, tonight.

After cca 5 hours of building house, decorating it and playing, it just didn't give me option to travel cause of sim aging up. So I baked a cake, aged up sim. Nothing. Made second sim adult from young adult. Still nothing. Google it, found this topic. Tried both hacks. NOTHING.

When do you plan fixing it??? It's too annyoing to happen after years and years. Makes me sad and angry. 

We paid for the game, you know.

Message 165 of 207 (829 Views)

★ Novice

A way that i fixed this was by getting my female sim pregnant then getting her to have the baby at the hospital. Fixed the issue immediately. 

Message 166 of 207 (804 Views)

SIM is aging up BUG

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont understand the question
What happens when the bug occurs? It goes into SIM IS AGEING UP MODE, and I can not go to build/save . It happened a few times after I installed SEASONS but now I got to HARVEST FEST and every time I interact with a gnome it goes into this ageing mode and I cant do anything
What do you expect to see? problem fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. SEASONS

The bug actually occurs at the end of harvest fest for what i can tell.

Message 167 of 207 (769 Views)

Re: SIM is aging up BUG

Hero
Hi @Stil_Puff

while this is a rather widespread issues since pets (hence I merged your post), an interaction with the gnome causing this is a bit weird.

Did you try that without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 168 of 207 (763 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, thanks for the answer.

Nope, but I only use cc though, no mods. I will try even though all my sims will be bold and naked now ...

Message 169 of 207 (761 Views)

Hero
Do you still have a save shortly from before you get the issue ? If so, would you be willing to share it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 170 of 207 (751 Views)