[game breaking] Sims in "aging up" status forever

by shepherdmoon

Original Post

Re: Bug? Sim traped on birthday!

Hero

No it didnt but you can also try testingcheats true (without the enabled) and then shift-click on the object and choose reset (Debug)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 207 (10,462 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey!

I have the same problem, the only difference is that my sim has already grown up with a birthday cake. I tried reset sim many times. What can I do?

Many thanks. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 12 of 207 (10,453 Views)

Hero

Try this

1. Open cheatconsole
  2. testingcheats true
  3. sims.hard_reset

Not sure if it's different, but worth a try

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 207 (10,442 Views)

Re: stuck on aging up

★ Novice

Not sure how old your Sim was when you accidentally aged, but mine was a child. I aged up from a baby using Age Up from the bassinet (then saved the game) and then accidentally aged up from a child to a teen by blowing out the candles on the cake. I then quit the game immediately and loaded the save and got stuck in the Aging Up loop.

I did manage to fix the issue. I closed the game and launched it again, clicked on my house and went into build mode. I deleted the bassinet, went back to manage world then started playing as normal. All my Sims got reset and I was able to play and save again.

Hope that helps.

James

Message 14 of 207 (11,367 Views)

Re: stuck on aging up

Hero

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 207 (11,358 Views)

Age up stuck and won't save or allow build

★★ Novice

I aged up my baby to child but it glitched the game and now I can't play anymore. The button to build is gone and it wont save as it says 'cannot save while aging up'. I spent hours on building this family up and now it's all for nothing.

Message 16 of 207 (10,857 Views)

Re: Age up stuck and won't save or allow build

Hero

Did you try resetting the baby with resetsim firstname lastname ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 207 (10,848 Views)

★★ Novice

Several times.

Message 18 of 207 (10,827 Views)

Hero

Try if one of the backup works: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 207 (10,824 Views)

[game breaking] Sims in "aging up" status forever

★ Apprentice

My Sim automatically aged up shortly after loading a saved game. His status apparently got stuck that way. From there on out, despite receiving the confirmation that he had aged up, various important actions were greyed out and impossible to complete because they could not be done "while a Sim is aging up". This includes build mode, travel, manage neighborhood, and save game. I waited for about a sim day, and made all of my Sims sleep and wake up, but the error remained, despite all Sims having completed their aging up and not being at the end of that life stage. When exiting without saving to the main menu, all other older save games were also corrupted with this bug, and nothing could be accomplished in them while a "Sim is aging up", even though no one was actually aging up. Even when exiting out of that game to the main menu, certain actions like gallery could not be taken because a "Sim is aging up". In other words, the bug affected the entire game, not just that one save. Luckily, exiting completely out of the game and starting again fixed it, but I was really panicking before I tried that.

This seems at least partially related to the fact that certain important actions are impossible during life events that can bug-out or fail. I reported another similar bug where my game broke because it was impossible for my female Sim to have a baby because she couldn't reach the bassinet that was automatically generated in between the bed and the dresser in a small bedroom. Build mode and other things were not allowed to be accessed, although doing so could have easily fixed this situation. Instead, I had to load a previously saved game.

Windows 7, no mods or cc, disk version of game.

Message 20 of 207 (10,417 Views)