[FIXED] Can't place rooms uploaded from community

by dramania

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't place rooms uploaded from community

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i have saved some rooms from community (both maxis and public) into my library and uploaded them into my build mode.they show up and i can see the detail screen when i hover over them and they also light up green when i click them but nothing shows up if i try to place them on my lot,no outline or anything.does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 40 (14,764 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Cannot place Room in this Game Mode"

Hero

Since there were a few things changed about this and no new reports since may, I'm going to mark this as fixed.

Feel free to give feedback if it's not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 38 of 40 (9,467 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't place rooms uploaded from community

Hero

Is it just the rooms or also houses ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 40 (14,707 Views)

★ Novice

For me, it's just the rooms. Everything else works - houses and Sims place with no problem. What is causing this and why?

crinrict wrote:

Is it just the rooms or also houses ?

Message 3 of 40 (14,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We figuered out that this happens when you have more than 28 rooms from the community downloaded. If you have 28, everythings ok, if there are more, you can place less than 28 of them (no logic here). Only thing to avoid this is like those rooms, delete them and place them out of the gallery

http://www.simforum.de/showthread.php?t=193677

Message 4 of 40 (14,694 Views)

★ Apprentice

Did you hit "buy"?
You have to hit buy before it will show up, but you don't actually buy it until you place it.

Message 5 of 40 (14,691 Views)

Hero

@flooyie137 Thanks you for that information and the link

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 40 (14,689 Views)

Can't place saved rooms on game. What's happening?

★★★★ Guide

Hi guys!

I'm having a great problem here...
All of this because I can't put rooms from community or something I created and saved in my gallery.
When I select the room it looks fine with no visible problems and you can see that in this print.

Image 1

I have sufficient money and space in my house to do but the room just DON'T appear. Like in image.

Image 2

I tried to download so many rooms and the bug continues.
I don't think the unique person with this issues is me.

Help us EA, my house need your hands!

Message 7 of 40 (14,685 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@flooyie137 wrote:

We figuered out that this happens when you have more than 28 rooms from the community downloaded. If you have 28, everythings ok, if there are more, you can place less than 28 of them (no logic here). Only thing to avoid this is like those rooms, delete them and place them out of the gallery

http://www.simforum.de/showthread.php?t=193677

Thanks so much.

In the spanish forum we have been discussing this issue, but we did not know what caused it. We were solving the problem by deleting the "Tray" folder, which means to delete the entire content of the library, because we assumed that it was caused by something downloaded from the gallery.

Now we know that the problem is not the content of the downloads but the amount of downloads. I think that, in addition to the rooms, those 28 also includes any content downloaded from the gallery, and any content created by us, whether rooms, familys or lots, because in that folder is stored all of our library. So we can only have 28 of whatever.

Message 8 of 40 (14,661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm having exactly the same issue but with rooms I have saved to my own library. I had a few rooms saved from other people on the gallery (around 4) but the rest are all rooms I have saved myself :/

Edit: Followed the advice of this thread and went in and deleted some of my favourited rooms restarted my game and I can now place rooms again but this definitely needs fixing or at least the maximum needs expanding :/

Message 9 of 40 (14,647 Views)

Hero

@dramania @julessanchez @flooyie137 @ceunon20 @AudraAshar @sparklesim 

There is a note on this in the newest patch

Fixed an issue that would result in the player being unable to place a Room from the Gallery if the room had been uploaded with a single plate of food.

Does seem a very specific instance though. Could you check if you are still experiencing the issue

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 40 (14,594 Views)