[FIXED] Can't hire a gardener

by Sk8trgal

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Can't hire a gardener

★★★ Novice

This is also happening on the PS4 console.

Message 61 of 72 (2,347 Views)

Hero

Hi @WildGypsyRose

could you please also make a new thread for console for this (tbh, unsure if there's already one if so, I will merge later)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 72 (2,337 Views)

Hiring a Gardener

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Outdoor Retreat,Cats & Dogs,Get To Work,Cool Kitchen Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not really sure if this is a bug or not?
What happens when the bug occurs? Won't let me Hire a Gardener
What do you expect to see? A Gardener,but it greyed out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if this is a bug with the latest patch or not,but I thought I'd ask.

I used to be a able to call for a Gardener,but now its completely greyed out (both the one time option and recurring.) Is anyone else having this issue? I've restarted my game and its still not working. I have no CC mods downloaded... 

Message 63 of 72 (2,297 Views)

Re: Hiring a Gardener

Hero

Hi @Rottie87

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 72 (2,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SimQARobo wrote:

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

While the team looks into this issue, a possible workaround is to wait until a plant needs tending to.  We think what you're seeing is that the gardener is not hireable if all of the plants have been tended to already.

If you have a plant on the lot that needs tending to, but are still not able to hire a gardener, it may be helpful if you share your saves.

Instructions how to share saves are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Personally, I've been using this (above quote) to help address the need for a gardener (btw, it's also happening for me in De Sol Valley now) in combination with buying 'patchy the scarecrow' if my family isn't wealthy (socialize with him long enough and he'll come to life and help with the garden), and if the family is wealthy I got the 'vintage' stuff pack and hire a butler. (Butlers need their own bed assigned to them and live with you  they float around and do things here and there, including gardening, but are a bit buggy. Keep your expectations low on them, but they are helpful/useful to have around; Very much so with a large household, as they can help with fixing things, cooking if asked, child care, cleaning up doggie poo, & gardening.).

Having said all of this, I'm really looking forward to when they get this one fixed. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 65 of 72 (2,263 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Adding info to this topic
I don't even have this option gray or not. It doesn't exist in my game - disappeared after Seasons. It doesn't matter if the house is in NewCrest or Sol Valley. I don't have this option. Before last pack my sim was doing well with the garden without a gardener, but now that he's an actor, it's starting to be a problem.
I have all packs
This issue is not related to mods of course.
I am a patient man but I will be really happy when EA finally will be able to fix it
Message 66 of 72 (2,257 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @kreatora

The option doesn't exist at all for you?  Would you be willing to share save files with the issue?

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 67 of 72 (2,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SimQARobo
I have never attached files to the post but I will try

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 68 of 72 (2,156 Views)

EA Sims Team

@kreatora

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 69 of 72 (2,125 Views)

Hero

You can now hire a gardener if you have plants on your lot for your gardener to garden, regardless of your garden’s gardening needs.
  • Previously, if your garden was not in need, you were being incorrectly informed that you didn’t have a garden.

Fixed in Patch 1.48.90

If you still have any issues hiring a gardener, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 72 (10,574 Views)