Can't hire a gardener on some lots in Newcrest

by SheriGR

Original Post

Re: can't hire a gardener

★★★★ Pro

@SheriGR Your garden won’t change when you’re not on the lot, so you won’t have to worry about the garden not being cared for when you switch households. 🙂

Message 41 of 72 (1,111 Views)

Re: can't hire a gardener

Champion

@MapleSimmer wrote:

@SheriGR Your garden won’t change when you’re not on the lot, so you won’t have to worry about the garden not being cared for when you switch households. 🙂

@MapleSimmer Good to have that confirmed! I have other households with big gardens in other worlds but they all have gardeners, so I always wondered what difference that made while I was away from the lot, as I have't had any troubles/tragedies with my garden in those lots in-between my visits to them. Thank you!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 42 of 72 (1,106 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't hire a gardener

★ Guide

In case some of you with this Bug use mods, i made a Fix for this. Google for "LittleMsSam Random Bug Fix" to get to my tumblr download site. It is a Collection of Bug Fixes so choose those you need. In this case it is the "Hire Gardener Fix".

Message 43 of 72 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thanks so much LittleMsSam!  That's been bugging me that new households after the Seasons patch can't hire a gardener!  I've been putting in a sprinkler, but, finally I can call for a gardener again.  I thought it would have been fixed in one of the last two patches.

Message 44 of 72 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Guide

LittleMsSam Thank you very much.  I have a large garden on my main Sim's lot, and since he's a Vampire and can't Tend Garden or Harvest All, it's a real pain to take care of a garden ... I'd give you 100 XP for this if I could give more than one point!

Ulgrym

Message 45 of 72 (1,047 Views)

★ Guide
Vampires cannot tend the Garden? You mean because of the Sun or because there are no Options? If it is the Sun they could tend in the Night maybe^^
Message 46 of 72 (1,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It's a known issue.  They walk up to the plant, and it says no plants need tending.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Vampires-Harvest-All-Tend-Garden-for-only-one-plant/m-p...

Time of day doesn't matter ... or if they are immune to sunlight (I forget the perk name).

Message 47 of 72 (1,036 Views)

★ Guide
Fun Fact. If i test it with my Auto Gardening Mod in, they tend the Garden just fine (as far as fine can be because somehow some things seem to be buggy like the orchidee^^). Same goes for harvesting. They harvest everything as long as it is not to far away (did not test all available plants though)
Message 48 of 72 (1,020 Views)

Champion

I have tried a new household with pets in Newcrest. As with Brindleton, I cannot hire a gardener with dogs in the household. It's greyed out. I am so disappointed as I have a BIG garden... and they need a bit of backup/support.(I have the same issue in Brindleton, mentioned previously in this thread.)

Message 49 of 72 (880 Views)

Can't hire a gardener on some lots in Newcrest

Champion

I have one residence in Newcrest that I can hire a gardener in, and two that I just got started and found I cannot hire a gardener in. I started those new lots over the last several days and moved people in today, and one of the households had dogs.

I know there is a bug for not being able to hire a gardener in Bridleton Bay. I moved the dogs out (then did a game repair and removed cache) and it didn't fix the issue (in the Newcrest homes). I just went in and checked, though, and the original household still appears to have their gardener in the 'hired services and all. Hire gardener is greyed out in those other households still. I did also remove all of the dog supplies.

Has this happened to others in Newcrest, or is there an item with the glitch or something?

Message 50 of 72 (878 Views)