Re: can't hire a gardener

by SheriGR

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Can't hire a gardener

★★★★ Apprentice

"ME TOO"

I don't have any mods or cc. The hire a gardener is grayed out. I have a HUGE farm and need to hire a farm hand. 

Fishing is back to crippled by "uncomfortable" moodlet in fish tanks

Dining Out has no waitstaff. 

I've played for 15 years. I'll roll with it, but I really need help on the farm. Thanks!

Message 31 of 72 (1,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This is STILL an issue and its almost september?
Slack.

I have a GIANT garden and i need to hire a gardener. my sims entire day is taken up by gardening.

Message 32 of 72 (1,568 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The struggle that I need a Gardener by can’t get one. I never had an issue before updating my sims 4 base game so I hope they fix this soon as it seems to be a problem for the last couple of months.

Message 33 of 72 (1,544 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same probleme with a fresh game re-installed on a brand new pc, no mods.

very frustrating when your goal is to make a sim having all the harvestables without a little help from a gardener.....

dont have the season dlc so patchy is not an option...

Message 34 of 72 (1,506 Views)

★★ Guide

I have had the same problem since Seasons. Gardener option is greyed out. I have tried 2 work a rounds but nothing works. EA should have fixed this by now

Kind regards James.

Message 35 of 72 (1,473 Views)

I happen to play it on an X-Box One console. Therefore I can't put mods or Custom Content in the game. I think that this company likes to make a lot of people angry by glitching the options with every new patch. Like prescription drugs, the side effects of the patches are a lot worse than the glitches that it's trying to cure. This needs to be resolved. Otherwise, I see a dark day for EA and probably won't see The Sims 5 as EA will go out of business.

Message 36 of 72 (1,362 Views)

Hero

Are you saying you're also seeing this on console ?

If so, could you please create a separate thread for console ?

As patches/packs are currently not in sync with the PC version, it's best to have separate threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 72 (1,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Me too!! I just built a home with a greenhouse and garden in Brindleton Bay and am very disappointed to find I am unable to hire a gardener! I have used similar gardens/greenhouses, etc. in several households and several other Sims 4 'worlds'/towns, then I thought I would have some fun & try out pets & Brindleton Bay (which I purchased a few weeks ago and gardening is fine in the other towns with Cats & Dogs installed), but as soon as I built a home in this town the 'hire gardener' options are both greyed out. 

Does anyone know if I can pack up my new home and move to another town/world and the cats/dogs will work fine there? I thought it would be fun experiencing this new town with its 'pet-friendly' aspects, but my garden is quite time consuming with no gardener, and may be neglected if I play one of my other households, which would be a huge financial loss (and retail-producing loss) for my game-plan for this household. No ability to have the support of a gardener is a deal-breaker for this build.

My relevant game info:
No CC or Mods
. I am on Mac. I have Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dine Out.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 38 of 72 (1,340 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can hire a gardner only when there are weeds, however, he never shows up. I would also say, it seems like I almost never have weeds, always when I tend garden there is barely 2-3 plants that might need water, that's it. Randomly, once a year, one plant will have weeds, and if I click the option is there to hire a gardner, however, twice now he did not come the next day.

Message 39 of 72 (1,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@chriswillem wrote:

I can hire a gardner only when there are weeds, however, he never shows up. I would also say, it seems like I almost never have weeds, always when I tend garden there is barely 2-3 plants that might need water, that's it. Randomly, once a year, one plant will have weeds, and if I click the option is there to hire a gardner, however, twice now he did not come the next day.

It is weird... When I began with the household in Brindleton Bay it seemed that the garden hardly ever needed tending, as you mentioned, but the longer I play it it seems to behave like in the other worlds. Not sure if there is any empirical aspect to that observation since I have been rather distracted with a virtual toddler - three dogs (in the game and in my room). Wink

Update... I added Patchy (the scarecrow) and now that they have socialized enough with him he is 'coming to life' to help out, so this should work well enough to get me through. I do look forward to them fixing this bug, though.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 40 of 72 (1,255 Views)