Re: can't hire a gardener

by Tcee11

Original Post

Re: Why can't I hire a Gardener?

★★★ Guide
Just started a new game, my "Human" Sim (former Vampire) was not able to hire a Gardener. I'll keep my eyes on it. I should note, he has the Gardener Career (trying to complete the career).
Message 21 of 72 (2,314 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't hire a gardener

★ Apprentice

The option to hire a gardener was greyed out for my sim as well.  After exiting the game, having dinner, then opening it again, it is now an option.  I do have CC in my game and this is the only workaround I have tried and it seems to have worked for me at least.  hope that helps someone!

Message 22 of 72 (2,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I want to jump on here and say I'm having this problem as well, but I've never installed any mods or CC, and I've tried repairing the game & it hasn't fixed it 

Message 23 of 72 (2,106 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue without ever having any mods installed

Message 24 of 72 (2,026 Views)

★★ Novice

Im also experiencing the same problem :/ I don’t have any mods or CC as I purchase all my game packs through origin. Iv restarted my app but hasn’t changed anything. I’m also having problems with watering my plants too. Has anyone found a solution at all? I don’t own seasons ether so I know it’s not to do with that update. 

Message 25 of 72 (1,998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having this problem in two of my 3 active saves. It started after the most recent patch, for me. I have no mods/cc, and have never had them installed.

In my case, I am able to weed and water both problem gardens as normal (weeds are sprouting pretty regularly in my household in Willow Creek), but both are pretty large gardens so I'd love to have the hired gardener back. Both gardens have a greenhouse and a separate outdoor component, if this is relevant.

Message 26 of 72 (1,924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am also having this issue. I have a garden no mods. And am unable to hire one. In my last game before the patch she has one. But on this new game i am unable to have one.

Edit:

Also the Butler won't do any gardening and she has that request turned on.

Message 27 of 72 (1,858 Views)

★ Apprentice
I was having this problem as well since Seasons until I tried MapleSimmer’s suggestion and cleared my game cache folder and then repaired my game. I can now hire a gardener again. Thanks for the tip MapleSimmer.
Message 28 of 72 (1,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

When is this going to be fixed?  I tried the above suggestion and of course it didn't work.  I didn't expect it to. 

Edit: Is there some workaround that will actually work?  Anybody?

Message 29 of 72 (1,734 Views)

★ Guide

@vanessa18596 wrote:

I want to jump on here and say I'm having this problem as well, but I've never installed any mods or CC, and I've tried repairing the game & it hasn't fixed it 

I also repaired my game & I even cleared my cache & of course it didn't help.  None of my sims in my current save I did after the Seasons patch don't have a garden as big as yours, but, they have a garden none the less.  Gardener still shouldn't be grayed out.  When is this going to be fixed?

Message 30 of 72 (1,707 Views)