Re: [OPEN] Can't hire a gardener

by bootsguy

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

so hiring gardener is also a bug? I thought my Sim can't hire gardener because it does not use a planter box. Either way the sim should've hire a gardener? I don't use any mods in my game.. 

Message 11 of 72 (2,736 Views)

Hero
It's currently treated as bug, yes. Don't think there's a workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 72 (2,733 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem and this is the error message shown.

Message 13 of 72 (2,683 Views)

★ Guide

Throwing a "Me Too" in here.  Same thing, calling for  a gardener is grayed out.

Message 14 of 72 (2,648 Views)

Re: Gardening bug

★★★ Novice

Thanks @crinrict

To add to my report, I've just noticed that when I go to hire a service, the options for hiring a gardener are unavailable because I don't have a garden (I have a pretty big garden). Not sure if this would be related to the same bug or if it's a different issue.

Message 15 of 72 (2,629 Views)

Re: Gardening bug

Hero

@xJAMIEo

treated as separate issue. Moved your post over to that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 72 (2,620 Views)

Re: Why can't I hire a Gardener?

★★ Guide

I’m on the same lot, and I had a gardener coming before a trip to selvadorada but after my sims returned home, the gardener stopped coming and when I try to hire a gardener, it gives me this notice that says “must have a garden to hire a gardener”. I have a green house inside (that the gardener used to tend to) and some plasma trees outside surrounded by fencing.

Message 17 of 72 (2,568 Views)

Re: can't hire a gardener

★★ Novice
I do not use any mods - I still can't hire a gardener.
Message 18 of 72 (2,556 Views)

Hero

Hi @Jessycaz

the gardener is currently bugged.

Merged your post with exiting bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 72 (2,548 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrictI just made a discovery in my game.  I wasn't able to hire a Gardener, because one didn't exist in the game.  I have individual Sims saved for Maid, Gardener, Mail, Butler, and Nanny.  When the maid arrived to clean, it wasn't my saved maid.  So I checked, and sure enough, I forgot to add them in my new game.  As soon as I added them, I was able to hire a Gardener.  I had used MC Command Center to flag them as homeless, freeze career, no aging, no marriage, etc.  Then saved them to my library.  Since they remain unplayed, they don't lose their jobs.  Might be worth checking to see if this works for others as a work around.  Perhaps someone has a working non-CC'd Gardener they could load to the gallery so others can see if adding them to their game might let them hire a gardener.

Message 20 of 72 (2,492 Views)