Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't hire a gardener

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together, dine out, cats and dogs, get to work, outdoor retreat, and parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to hire services 2. Go to hire a gardener 3. Option is grayed out (Happened after patch)
What happens when the bug occurs? I tell my sim to hire a service, I hover over both gardener options, but the button is grayed out, and says I should have a garden, even though I do.
What do you expect to see? The option not grayed out
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I took out my cc, still didn't work. I repaired my game, still didn't work.

I tried almost everything, all I can say is, I feel like this is an EA problem because this never happened until after the patch for seasons.

Message 1 of 72 (18,349 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hiring a Gardener

Hero

You can now hire a gardener if you have plants on your lot for your gardener to garden, regardless of your garden’s gardening needs.
  • Previously, if your garden was not in need, you were being incorrectly informed that you didn’t have a garden.

Fixed in Patch 1.48.90

If you still have any issues hiring a gardener, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 70 of 72 (10,461 Views)

All Replies

Re: can't hire a gardener

Hero

Please remove all your mods and try without.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 72 (18,246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I removed my entire mods folder and it still did not work. Sorry if I didn't specify earlier.

Message 3 of 72 (18,228 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Does this still happen if you try an entirely new save?
Message 4 of 72 (18,222 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I think Rosemow has confirmed this bug at the forum.

Message 5 of 72 (18,206 Views)

Hero
I can see that in my game too. I only have a very small garden. Funny thing is, when I first planted something, I had to option on the plant. Now it's gone.

I will add this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 72 (18,189 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I've just noticed it too since the patch in one save.  I first played in a save that already had a gardener and that gardener is still coming, but I started a new save and loaded a pre existing family from my library and their house.  I've played it for 3.5 sim days and I don't have the option to hire a gardener as it says I don't have a garden and I also noticed that the garden hasn't needed watering or weeding at all (and on a different note my sim has been able to harvest the UFO plant 3 times and that used to take a long time between harvests, I'm wondering if this is planned?). FYI, I have all the packs (except Seasons Standard smile ), no mods (I removed MCC before updating, then repaired my game and cleared my cache), and never any cc. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 7 of 72 (18,141 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 72 (18,107 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't hire a gardener

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have this too, no CC, planted a new, after the patch garden, no previous gardener and it's greyed out. I'll keep an eye on this thread!

Edit-I've cleaned cache and repaired too.

Message 9 of 72 (18,025 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Further to my earlier post with the save that couldn’t hire a gardener, I added a ‘greenhouse’ to the lot and moved most of the plants into planters and put them inside the greenhouse. The option to hire a gardener still wasn’t there, however I then exited my game. I went in again today after clearing my game cache and the option to hire the gardener on the phone was now available. I didn’t have time to play so I’ve not been able to check if the plants develop weeds or need watering (they hadn’t for the 3.5 sim days I’d been playing), so I’m not sure if that part is resolved. 

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 10 of 72 (18,005 Views)