[FIXED] Can't get rid of Tea and Coffemaker green cloud

by Zmias1

Original Post

Re: Tea Coffee machine

★★ Guide

Yes. This is exactly what’s happening to me as well. It’s frustrating having to buy a new one over and over to that I don’t see the stink eyesore animations from a “clean” coffee appliance. 

Message 11 of 36 (1,514 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't get rid of Tea and Coffemaker green cloud

Hero (Retired)
I had the same. The bug was gone when my sim made "fast improvement," for tea maker. All improvements, in one. I don't know why it worked, but since the time this improvement, the tea maker is working properly and I had never this issue again.
Message 12 of 36 (1,498 Views)

Champion
@kreatora it's probably because one of the upgrades is "self-cleaning", so maybe that makes it never stinky?

The weird thing is, I don't ever remember a tea maker or coffee maker actually getting dirty before with brown smudges all over it and requiring a clean interaction. Maybe it's supposed to, but it's bugged and nobody noticed? Otherwise what is the self-cleaning for? Does it automatically empty a spoiled pot of undrank tea? I don't think it does. Also, maids and butlers will ignore spoiled tea and coffee - they don't autonomously "empty" as part of their cleaning routines.
Message 13 of 36 (1,483 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@verfens but to me that is not an answer..we shouldn't have to put it in the household inventory for it to be clean..
Message 14 of 36 (1,434 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree, This needs to be fixed!  

Message 15 of 36 (1,429 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't get rid of Tea and Coffemaker green cloud

★★ Novice

This happens to me too, except after the pot spoils and it's cleaned out, it's completely unusable and keeps the green stink effect. Can't select the pot at all. I'll try the household inventory thing, hopefully that will work.

Message 16 of 36 (1,377 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@overxmonroeville Me too. It's annoying. The household inventory is just a fix once but for me it goes back to doing the same thing.
Message 17 of 36 (1,292 Views)

★ Apprentice

Had the same problem... I thought it was the placement on a counter that had shelves above it that caused it because after I moved the tea maker to a counter top that didn't have anything above it, the problem no longer occurred and the green cloud vanished (didn't buy a new one, didn't put it into a family inventory, isn't upgraded at all).

Irrelevant to the actual topic but noticed the same matter on all dishwashers and sinks too: Sim won't use the dishwasher or a sink to clean dishes, if there are shelves (not talking about cupboards) and items on them above the counter.

Message 18 of 36 (1,277 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Exactly, that only interrupts gameplay!

Message 19 of 36 (1,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Also have this in my save...the green cloud won't go away after my sim emptied the tea!

10-06-19_12-33-04 AM.png

Message 20 of 36 (1,183 Views)