Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't get rid of Tea and Coffemaker green cloud

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter Sims house and try having household Sim click on teapot or coffee maker in order to "empty it" and it will not get rid of the green smoke.
What happens when the bug occurs? The teamaker and coffeemaker appears to still need cleaning over and over again.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the appliance empty and clean with no green smoke still coming out of it after my Sim has "emptied" it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The June 2019 patch.

After most recent patch for June 2019, the coffee and tea appliance no longer appear emptied after being empty and continue to blow green funky smoke during game play for Sims4.

Also, the fancy round shaped long curtains keep appearing clipped by the window when applied to the window.

Message 1 of 36 (8,127 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Can't get rid of Tea and Coffemaker green cloud

Hero

Spoiled visual effect now will go away on servings from coffee and tea pots.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 30 of 36 (6,490 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

I've had this happen to me and to fix it I put it into the household inventory and then replaced it.  Green cloud gone!

Message 2 of 36 (8,034 Views)

Tea Coffee machine

★★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1521001020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Vampire and athletic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? When the Sims empty the tea or coffee machine it stills shows an unpleasant odor coming from the machine. Also the machine sometimes continues to brew even after it’s finished and spoiled. I have to go into build mode sell it and buy another. Debug object doesn’t work.
What do you expect to see? I don’t expect a foul odor from an empty clean coffee or tea pot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has occurred with different house holds.  Schmapple Coffee maker and the Tea magic Personal Brewer.

No new mods or custom content added.  Wasn’t occurring before with same custom content.

Message 3 of 36 (8,048 Views)

Re: Tea Coffee machine

★★ Guide

Have you tried putting it into the household inventory and then putting it back into the world?  That has made this bug go away for me. 

Message 4 of 36 (8,020 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 36 (7,990 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't get rid of Tea and Coffemaker green cloud

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have the same problem. I didn't try replacing the item but when I brew new tea or coffee the cloud is gone until the drinks spoil again.

Message 6 of 36 (7,942 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the response.  I’ve removed and replaced the items on more than one occasion.  However the same thing continues to occur.  I don’t want to have to keep buying new appliances.  Hopefully they’ll fix this bug.

Message 7 of 36 (7,922 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current game, expansion, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Pot of Coffee or Tea on any of the Coffee or Tea Makers. Let the Coffee/Tea spoil.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you attempt to remove the spoiled Coffee/Tea, while the contents of the pot will be removed, the "spoiled" animation (The green stink clouds) remain above the Coffee/Tea maker.
What do you expect to see? When the spoiled drink is removed from the pot, the green "stink" cloud to be removed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.52.100.1020

This issue started occurring after the June 18 Patch, and subsequent installation of Island Living; it's not game-breaking, but it can be deceiving when you're expecting to have to empty a coffee or teapot, and there's not actually any spoiled drink in the pot.

Note: The green "stink" cloud goes away if you start a new pot, and it will not appear if you actually use all the coffee or tea in the pot before it spoils. It only seems to happen if the pot spoils.

- B

Message 8 of 36 (7,873 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@verfens yep, this does work for me (thanks) although, after a day, it's already gotten annoying to do. Because it happens after every pot. And, the ghosts around my sim's house love making tea/coffee. Hopefully, the fix will come before I go nuclear upon all of them or ~gasp~ get rid of the pot. lol
Message 9 of 36 (7,829 Views)

I've been buying a new one every time. The litter box had always had the same problem and it's never been fixed. I just started playing again and now it's the coffee pot. It's very irritating. 

Message 10 of 36 (6,985 Views)