[FIXED] Can't get married because Sim works for me

by LucianoMedice

Original Post

Re: Marriage Glitch [PC]

Hero
@Aisha_Senpai Merged your post with existing thread. Please check solution post for a workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 63 (4,341 Views)

Re: I Can Not Get Married

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, I have this problem and I tried to ask everyone to be just friends, exept the ones that are dead, I can't get call or talk of them, but it dosen't help, I can still not get married beacuse it says "I work whit them".

I have all packs and stuff packs, but no mods or anything like that, and I don't remember when it started.

I hope you, or somone else can help me, becasue I'm really bad at this stuff Standard smile 

A very romantic sim Wink

(sorry if my english is bad)

Message 12 of 63 (4,261 Views)

Hero
You can try using cheats to destroy the relationships with the ghosts.

Do you know their names ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_relationships

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 63 (4,253 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!
Now it's working Standard smile

Message 14 of 63 (4,249 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also having an issue with being able to marry sims. It's been like that for a lot of my sims couples. Normally I'd just use "cas.fulleditmode" to work around it, however I've noticed that it doesn't help if you're trying to "Throw a Wedding Party" as the game doesn't recognize the couple marrying.

Message 15 of 63 (4,212 Views)

Hero

Did you try the tip in here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 63 (4,202 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

That did the trick for that family, curious what game patch had it where it prevent sims to get married while with other relationship as I'm sure it wasn't like that before. Though I've had time where the sims I had selected to make the marriage had no other significant other. Side note, there was another bug I noticed. Both sims had a want to be Married to the other and even pinned both. After marrying both of them, I noticed the system didn't acknowledged it.

Message 17 of 63 (4,189 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Can't get married because Sim works for me

★★★ Newbie

Having all the same problems everyone else is having.  I was working on the Soulmate Achievement but I think I'm just going to put that one on the back burner and do another one I haven't finished yet.  *sob* I've done nearly all of them so you can see why this is so very aggravating.  The last time it happened I just went into Edit sim and added a wife.  Don't tell me I can't marry someone by-joe!  rofl

Think I'll just go do the big happy family Achievement.  Whatever.  Psh.

Message 18 of 63 (4,137 Views)

★★★ Newbie
UPDATE: Prior to posting my first reply, I had invited everyone in my Sims past to his house so he could break up with each and every one of them. He only managed to do that with 2 of them. *my sim has been around for a long time. I have invested in him and I don't plan to just let him die lol* So needless to say he has a few relationships. It wouldn't give me the option to Ask to Just Be Friends.... so I called it quits.

Then I read this thread again. Decided to just hard delete all the households he's ever been "in touch with"

BOOM! IT WORKED!

Yay!
Message 19 of 63 (4,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is a very irritating bug.  Is it system specific or does everyone experience it?  Can it be fixed by repairing your files, or only through the workaround because I can't possibly go back to ruin every relationship I've built up thusfar?  Can't really carry on w/ my story until this gets patched. :/

Message 20 of 63 (4,030 Views)