Re: [OPEN] Can't get married because Sim works for me

by meubanks68

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't get married because Sim works for me

★★★★ Guide

@unicorn_vdb26 wrote:

i'm having same issue i can't get my sims to marry becuase they work together but when i look on their carer and they don't have the same job so i had to make them both get ride of their jobs but still can't get marrried .. this is very annoying !

I've been having this issue for a long time now, and I guess it's tied to having multiple romantic interests because for me it always seems to happen whenever I do the Serial Romantic aspiration. Anyway, you can get around it. Start by saving your game before you do anything, just in case. Then use your sim's phone to start a wedding event, and set things up however you want. Now just keep in mind that this doesn't mean the option will immediately be available during the event, and it may not even work at all the first time you try the event, so like I said be sure you save your game before trying.

So save your game, start the wedding event, then keep clicking on the sim you're going to marry or a wedding arch if you prefer to use one. Once you see the option to get married light up, just spam that into your queue. I say to spam it because I've had times where some of the interactions just cancel themselves automatically, so spam it until one of them actually becomes the active interaction then just cancel the rest of the queue.

The reason I'm even posting this is because I just had that problem happen again, and I was able to use the method I mentioned to get around it. Hopefully it finally gets fixed, but for those still having this issue just throw a wedding event because it seems to somehow bypass whatever the problem is.

Message 121 of 136 (1,580 Views)

Please help! Can't marry sims?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29.80.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all, but using Base game only for this save.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to make 2 sims that live together, have max romance, and are engaged to get married.
What happens when the bug occurs? Try clicking "Elope immediately with sim name" it is greyed out and says above "Marrying a sim in your employ would be inappropriate. Dismiss them from their role to further pursue a relationship." One is a tech guru and the other is an astronaut.
What do you expect to see? To get them married
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help!

Message 122 of 136 (1,538 Views)

Re: Please help! Can't marry sims?

★★★★ Guide

@T7G-HatersHate Have you tried a wedding event? You may not want to go through all of that just for the marriage, but it may be the only way around it since the option to get married will usually be available during the event. I've had this issue multiple times now on the PS4 version using just the base game, and the only way I've seen the option even available was during the events. I don't think you're going to get that "elope immediately" option to work, I never saw it lit up anyway, so give a wedding event a try because like I said it may be the only way around the problem since I don't expect this to be fixed.

Message 123 of 136 (1,466 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@T7G-HatersHate - Do either of your sims have other romantic interests? Check your relationship panel to see; usually, if you "ask to be just friends" on all other romantic relationships, they can then get married. 

Message 124 of 136 (1,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@BlackjackWidowNot OP but having the same issue. Is there a workaround that preserves all my other romantic interests, or is having one romantic relationship the only option?

Edit: I've gone into cas.fulleditmode and changed it that way, sorry for the needless tag! Maybe this can help someone else! Making them married in cas.fulleditmode even fulfilled my sim's marriage whim.

Message 125 of 136 (1,350 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@luxsylvan - so glad you were able to work it out, especially good info about fulfilling the whim. 

Message 126 of 136 (1,328 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This was fixed at one time, but I can confirm that it is back on PC.

This bug generally occurs when a sim has romantic relationships with more than one sim. The game will allow them to become engaged, but the marriage interaction will fail. My workaround is to use MCCC cheats to alter the relationship. You don't get the wedding, but it is possible to marry the couple with cheat codes. Removing the other romantic relationships would probably work also. I hope this gets fixed again, though. I play some serial romantic sims, and it's annoying when they can't get married after they complete that aspiration. It defeats the purpose of the "Player" trait. 

Message 127 of 136 (1,276 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I ran into this problem again last week. My sim has numerous girlfriends so I didn't want to travel around trying to track them all down. He already has a personal club, so I removed all the club actions except Friendly and Funny, added 7 of his girlfriends to the club, and started a club meeting. He used the Friendly menu and Ask To Just Be Friends with each member, then ended the club meeting. His fiancée was already on the lot, so I checked and the marriage options were now available. He only lost 7 girlfriends out of about 40. You don't have to give up all your other romantic relationships to fix this problem. That's just the easiest way.

Message 128 of 136 (1,260 Views)

Marriage

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PS4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work Pets Seasons University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to get married?
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims won’t get married
What do you expect to see? The option goes away after selecting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims won’t get married when I try to have the female choose to marry the man it says they are an employee (they are not had two different jobs but I had him quit and didn’t have a job and still said this) when I have him try to marry her I can click it then he just doesn’t do it. The wedding event won’t even come up as an event to be played like normal with goals. I have tried eloping to nothing works

Message 129 of 136 (1,227 Views)

Re: Marriage

★★★★★ Pro

This problem usually occurs when your Sim has multiple lovers, especially if your Sim has other boyfriends or girlfriends. The solution, as mentioned several times in this thread, is to Ask To Just Be Friends/Break Up with those other Sims until marriage becomes an option with your Sim's fiance.

Message 130 of 136 (1,196 Views)