Re: Marriage Glitch [PC]

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Hero

Where they a couple before or after the fix (the one you want to marry ?)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 136 (4,793 Views)

Hero (Retired)

They knew each other but had no romantic relationship before the patch. The friendship bar was about a third filled, and their status was "Friend". 

Message 11 of 136 (4,790 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks for sending the save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 136 (4,788 Views)

EA Sims Team

@BlackjackWidow 

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 136 (4,758 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Can't get married because Sim works for me

★★ Guide
I have this problem as well, even after the update.
Message 14 of 136 (4,706 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi Crin.  Hope you're doing well.

I've found that this bug has crept back up again. My sim moved in with the former mail carrier and tried to marry her, but couldn't.

I only have one mod, and that's UI Extensions. I removed it and I still have the issue. 

Strange. Tried the workaround where I break them up using the "Just Friends" social, move them out wait for 24 hrs, and then move back in and work the relationship back up to romance. 

Still no good. Started happening after latest patch fix. 

Message 15 of 136 (4,739 Views)

Hero
Could you make a new thread ? Sounds potentially different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 136 (3,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Sure, be happy to, but just had a thought. Would the loner trait have anything to do with that? I know loners like to be alone.

Do you think they hate marriage too? She did move in with him, so she's not averse to that. 

Whatcha think?

Message 17 of 136 (3,511 Views)

Hero
I think the game shouldn't have restrictions like that, it would still be a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 136 (3,494 Views)

★★ Guide

I tried to change the trait to see if that had anything to do with it, and it didn't work. But I went back through this thread and found something interesting. The guy Sim "Bruce" was married once before, he became a ghost and remarried his wife who was also a ghost.  Then the game culled her. 

I was going to send him away too but decided to bring him back to life through the well and had forgotten he had been married as a ghost.

Yesterday I noticed that he still shows the status of married to his first wife. I tried to get the sim id for the first wife, and it does show up, but when I tried to destroy the relationship it didn't work.

This is odd. 

Message 19 of 136 (3,477 Views)