Re: Marriage Glitch [PC]

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Can't marry sim in their employ

★★★ Newbie

I used the cheat to destroy the relationship after getting their ids. 

He no longer shows up on the relationship tab for my SIM anymore.

Message 51 of 63 (2,679 Views)

Re: Can't marry sim in their employ

Hero
And there's no one else ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 63 (2,673 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Can't get married because Sim works for me

★ Apprentice

I tried as you said, and it worked.  I feeling having this option in the game is cool, but changed the message so it said you still have other girlfriends and you should let them down easy.

Message 53 of 63 (2,534 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same issue. If anyone has a solution, that would be great. 

Message 54 of 63 (2,486 Views)

★ Guide
Me too, I can´t marry my sims, I hope The Sims team will find a solution.
Message 55 of 63 (2,432 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Sims will no longer be able to lie about employing each other in order to avoid marriage.

Fixed in Patch 1.50.67

If you're still having issues after this patch, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Can-t-get-married-because-Sim-works-for-me/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 63 (126,856 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Its not fixed.. Still gives the same message. 

Message 57 of 63 (2,391 Views)

Hero

For existing or new Sims ?

It's possible that the bug is not fixed for Sims that already were affected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 63 (2,381 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Its_Mizore 

Are you using mods?  If so, do you still see the issue when the mods folder is cleared?

If you are seeing this without anything in the mods folder, would you be willing to send me a private message with your save files?

Instructions on how to send saves are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 59 of 63 (2,368 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So looks like I was able to get it fixed on my own. They were an existing couple before the patch. I had married them via cheats due to the bug.

I wanted them to have a proper wedding so I used the Shift + Click Marriages > Clear marriages cheat to make them single again. Kinda odd that one of her old flames shows up and kisses her after the marriage was cleared. Don't worry we made up for it and it didn't count because we were technically single at the time... 

So I asked her to be my girlfriend again and she accepted. Proposed to her again and she accepted. Wasn't as romantic this time being in the middle of the living room with her ex and the kids standing there. Anyways, I click on her and to my surprise there is no "Plan Wedding Event" and the Elope option was grayed out and gave me the "Marrying a sim in your employ" error message. Waited an in game day and still no luck. Took both sims to the spa and still couldn't get marred. Finally fixed it by having one sim stay at home and took the other sim off lot for about 12 in game hours (amount of time may or may not be necessary). When I brought her back, they were finally able to plan their wedding and get married.

Thank you.

Message 60 of 63 (2,358 Views)