Re: The sims 4 character Trying to get married but cant?

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [PC] Can't marry other Sims! Tried many things but still same problem!

★★★ Novice

Tried Reapir option with origin and it broke my game... fast reinstall --->

Message 41 of 63 (1,928 Views)

★★★ Novice

I installed MCCC and used Forget active sim -> romantic only to all 12 gf/bf (Didn't use to dead people) and after that I could marry other sims!!! thanks a lot! Standard smile

Message 42 of 63 (1,915 Views)

Hero
Glad that helped.

To a happy marriage :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 63 (1,916 Views)

The sims 4 character Trying to get married but cant?

★★★ Apprentice

I'm trying to get my sims character married they made the wedding venue they dressed up nice but one said she want to marry but character stop?

Then i tried to get other sims to click marry but state i cant marry a sims cause that sim is under my employ? i need to fire that sims to get married?

Question is my sims character is a scientist  girl sims is  working as  junior Politician  Tell me that  i had quit my job but message still same

can you help me

Message 44 of 63 (1,878 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi  @ghoulfication

this is a known bug. I merged your post with the current bug report on the issue.

Does either of your Sim still have other romantic relationships ? If so, you need to get rid of them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 63 (1,864 Views)

★★ Novice

This bug has been happening since 2016 and is still happening now. It just happened to me. It would not be ideal but I suppose it would suffice if the misleading/incorrect 'sim in your employ' message was replaced with an accurate one.

Message 46 of 63 (1,823 Views)

Re: Marriage Glitch [PC]

★ Apprentice

This bug happened to me today, after I had my sims get engaged during yesterday's play session.  I tried having the male sim break up with his other girlfriend and the bug still persists with his fiancee.  I am able to plan wedding events but none of the arches work, nor does having one sim click on the other in order to marry.

However, a different sim with multiple relationships was previously allowed to marry his fiancee only a couple of real world weeks ago.  This is a bug I haven't seen before today.  

Message 47 of 63 (1,775 Views)

Re: Marriage Glitch [PC]

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I used MCCC to eliminate the male sim's other relationship. This time it worked and the  couple got married Standard smile

Message 48 of 63 (1,772 Views)

Can't marry sim in their employ

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood and get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to get married
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't get married. The message says that cannot marry sim in employ
What do you expect to see? The Sims to get married
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The female sim was not a SIM I created. I think it was one that was loaded on the get to work expansion because she was level 10 in the detective career.

The male sim, Don Lothario, was a detective but I made him quit because I thought it would help.

Don used to be married to another one of my Sims, but he died of laughter and I couldn't get him back haha.

I have tried to destroy the relationship as recommended by others with the cheat, but this hasn't helped either.

It also didn't help when I made Amaira Kerns quit her job, but I undid that by failing to save.

I deleted all the job related rewards from the household inventory to no avail.

Neither of them have any prior relationships to destroy.

I did flirt with the grim reaper but it was only like 2 interactions.

It is only greyed out when I try to marry him to her but if I try to marry her to him, it will disappear before they marry.

Please help!

Message 49 of 63 (1,708 Views)

Re: Can't marry sim in their employ

Hero

Hi @Dashers94

I merged your post with the existing thread on the issue.

If Don is still has a connection to that ghost, it could be the issue. There's a few more suggestions in this thread you can try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 63 (1,690 Views)